Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-21-2017, 12:31 PM   #46
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
This is the files on my desktop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Patch.PNG
Views:	242
Size:	660.0 KB
ID:	155187  

Last edited by Josieb1; 02-21-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:34 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I can't create a KoboRoot.tgz file. I'm using W7 and when I double-click the 4.2.8432.bat I get the following error:-

there is no such archive
ERROR Cannot find or extract "libadobe.so"
Did you copy kobo-update-X.X.X.zip to C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\4.2.8432_source?
Press any key to continue...

The file libadobe.so is in the source folder on my desktop (which is where the zip was extracted too), I haven't touched that file at all. I've only edited the libnickel.so.1.0.0 file.

Can anyone help please?
Copy kobo-update-4.2.8432.zip (make sure it's the correct version for your Kobo) to the 4.2.8432_source directory. Delete any other files from that directory that do not end in .patch. Then you can run 4.2.8432.bat and if the patches are correct, it will work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2017, 12:47 PM   #48
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Copy kobo-update-4.2.8432.zip (make sure it's the correct version for your Kobo) to the 4.2.8432_source directory. Delete any other files from that directory that do not end in .patch. Then you can run 4.2.8432.bat and if the patches are correct, it will work.
Thank you, that's where I was going wrong, i'll amend my notes for the future.

Old 02-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #49
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Can I check where I should be getting the KoboRoot.tgz from the 4.2.8432_target/ subdirectory from please?

Ignore me, apologies i've found it now, applied it and the Advanced Fonts option works now, that's all I really wanted.

Thanks again

Last edited by Josieb1; 02-21-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:00 PM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Can I check where I should be getting the KoboRoot.tgz from the 4.2.8432_target/ subdirectory from please?

Ignore me, apologies i've found it now, applied it and the Advanced Fonts option works now, that's all I really wanted.

Thanks again
Happy to help.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2017, 07:29 PM   #51
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
`Ignore .otf fonts`

This patch should make the firmware ignore sideloaded and pre-installed .otf fonts. I haven't tested it much.

The only pre-installed .otf font is OpenDyslexic. In Firmware 3.19.5761 and earlier it was easy to remove OpenDyslexic just by replacing it with an empty font, but in the current firmware the name OpenDyslexic still shows up in the font menu even if it is just an empty file.

There is probably no reason to use this patch unless you want to remove OpenDyslexic from the font menu, and you only have.ttf fonts sideloaded.

`Ignore.otf fonts` (paste into libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch)
Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Ignore .otf fonts`
patch_enable = `yes`
#
## Ignores sideloaded and pre-installed .otf fonts.
## (The only pre-installed .otf font is OpenDyslexic.)
## Embedded .otf fonts work as normal.
# 
replace_string = 8FEB38, `*\0.\0o\0t\0f\0`, `_\0.\0o\0t\0f\0`
replace_string = 9514EC, `*\0.\0o\0t\0f\0`, `_\0.\0o\0t\0f\0`
</Patch>
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:05 AM   #52
masterz87
Connoisseur
masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Code:
Extracting files to patch from 4.3.8842_source/kobo-update-4.3.8842.zip ...

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
Cleaning up /tmp/patch32lsb_LjETkHV0
yeah it's not working with the zip file palced in the directory.

Code:
$ ls
4.3.8842.bat  4.3.8842.sh  4.3.8842_source  kobo-update-4.3.8842.zip  tools
masterz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:11 AM   #53
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterz87 View Post
Code:
Extracting files to patch from 4.3.8842_source/kobo-update-4.3.8842.zip ...

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
Cleaning up /tmp/patch32lsb_LjETkHV0
yeah it's not working with the zip file palced in the directory.

Code:
$ ls
4.3.8842.bat  4.3.8842.sh  4.3.8842_source  kobo-update-4.3.8842.zip  tools
If you're patching for firmware 4.3.8842 then you should be posting in the Instructions for patching firmware 4.3.8842 thread.

The kobo-update-4.3.8842.zip file goes in the 4.3.8842_source subdirectory.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:55 AM   #54
masterz87
Connoisseur
masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
If you're patching for firmware 4.3.8842 then you should be posting in the Instructions for patching firmware 4.3.8842 thread.

The kobo-update-4.3.8842.zip file goes in the 4.3.8842_source subdirectory.
woops posted wrong then I guess. I'll try ptching and posting in there from now on.
masterz87 is offline   Reply With Quote