Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Custom column auto fill in

I have a custom column that I put the name of the store where I acquired the book. I get most but not all of my books from Amazon. Is there a way to have that column automatically add Amazon when I drop in books? Then I would only need to change when I get a book somewhere else.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If we assume that all of those books get added with a store identifier, for example, all Amazon books I import are saved with the mobi-asin identifier, then try this as the value of a custom column of type=column built from other columns:

Code:
{identifiers:identifier_in_list(mobi-asin,Amazon,)}
{identifiers:identifier_in_list(sonybookid,Sony,)}
{identifiers:identifier_in_list(barnesandnoble,Barnes & Noble,)}
{identifiers:identifier_in_list(google,Google,)}
Add an extra line for whatever identifiers match up to whatever sources you have.

Google ids are "google" and amazon books are imported with "mobi-asin", but I made up the barnesandnoble identifier, since I have no idea what it actually is they use as an identifier, and sonybookid I found on a mobileread thread, so it *should* be valid.

This will add multiple references if you have multiple specified ids that match.

General syntax:

Code:
{identifiers:identifier_in_list(identifier_name,text_to_display,)}
where text_to_display is what will appear in the custom column.

If you download metadata you may find, for example, the google identifier being added which may throw off your column, be careful and make sure you know what id's you are testing for and when they may be added.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you eschwartz for your help. I learned a lot more about Calibre and I love learning new things.

I had never set up that type of column before and it took me awhile to figure it out. I don't think I will end up keeping the new column though. I do download metadata and it did change some of the entries in the custom column.

If I have to check each id, I think it will be less time consuming to just keep filling in my original column.

Thanks again and K is on its way!
Old 11-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Well, the mobi-asin wil never be overwritten, since calibre uses this specifically for the asin that comes from the book import. This is because Kovid doesn't want the asin link to Amazon.com to appear for people who buy on a non-US domain, like amazon.de, amazon.co.uk, etc.

when downloading metadata from amazon it pulls in the amazon: identifier, which is why I suggested the mobi-asin usage.

You can check to see what kind of stuff gets updated, and if those ids will clash.

For instance, if you only get metadata from Amazon and Google, which is the default setting, then assuming you don't have any Google Play books, none of your identifiers will be added to books. It will only add the google: and amazon: identifiers, and amazon: isn't used, google: is only used if you have Google Play books, which for example's sake, you don't have.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
wawasteele
Addict

I will play with it some more and see what I can do.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.
Advert