Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
rdproudfoot
rdproudfoot began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Old iPad vs. Kindle Fire

My first gen iPad is getting creaky and I'm thinking about replacing it with a Kindle Fire HD. Will I be able to transfer photos, files, etc from the iPad to a new device? Sorry if I sound stupid, but I can't find a clear answer anywhere. Thank you!
rdproudfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:28 AM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Files of a supported type can be transferred via USB.

ETA: Some files might require the addition of an app to be able to access them.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
rdproudfoot
rdproudfoot began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thank you for your responses. I have decided to save up and get a newer iPad. I am very conversant with Apple products, so best to stick with what I know.

I very much appreciate all your help.
rdproudfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdproudfoot View Post
Thank you for your responses. I have decided to save up and get a newer iPad. I am very conversant with Apple products, so best to stick with what I know.

I very much appreciate all your help.
You might want to wait a couple of weeks, apple should announce new ipads shortly and the price of the existing ones should drop.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote