Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-23-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Problem with Overdrive today?

I am a member of four Overdrive libraries and beginning yesterday, have only been able to log into one of them. Both the Singapore and Philadelphia libraries are saying that my user name/password cannot be validated at this time. But I can get into the Toronto and Mississauga library sites just fine. Perhaps not coincidentally, these are my two local ones So, is this some kind of crackdown on foreign accounts? I did pay for my Philadelphia membership...

Or is it just a temporary glitch? Can anyone else get in?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I'm a (non-local) member of both Singapore and Philadelphia and I'm having no trouble getting in; I just accessed both less than 20 minutes ago and they worked fine

I've had this same problem with all my Overdrive libraries at some point; usually, I just have to wait it out and it fixes itself after some hours, or a day or two. A friend told me she had the same problem recently with one of her libraries and it was fixed when she cleared her cache so maybe that's worth a try.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
I just logged into my account. Midland, Texas
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:12 AM   #4
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's been three days and I cleared my cache twice. Very frustrating---I had two holds I had been waiting forever for that came due, and now I'll lose them.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:28 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Did you return anything at those libraries 'too' quickly? I had my access locked out once when I borrowed a book, downloaded it, started to read it but realized I'd already read it, then immediately returned it.

I was locked out for what I think was two days...but it might have been longer.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #6
ficbot
Wizard

When you do that, you only get an error if you try and sign something out, I thought. I can't even log in!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:44 PM   #7
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
No, when I tried to log in, I got a couple of error messages, depending on which Overdrive library I was trying to login to. The one I actually returned the book to said I had to have my card validated (or maybe it was verified?) in person. But - as I mentioned - after a few days, it stopped. The other ones had something more generic about the database not displaying the account or something like that.

It happened long enough ago I've forgotten details. But I couldn't get in...then I could. I wish I could tell you exactly how long. Two or three days...maybe more, but I don't remember it seeming like a full week.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:11 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I cannot speak for Singapore, but maybe your Philly account expired. You could call them and find out if that is the case. I know mine did and I was able to get it sorted over the phone.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #9
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Boo, I spoke too soon - tonight I can't get into the Singapore library and I have a reserved book ready for checkout
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:50 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Boo, I spoke too soon - tonight I can't get into the Singapore library and I have a reserved book ready for checkout
It's a library issue, not a problem with your card info.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:30 AM   #11
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
I was unable to log in earlier today but it's working now. Hope those reserved books are still there!
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #12
vulcan_girl
Groupie
vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350
I had the same problem with Singapore but it's working again as of today.
vulcan_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:20 AM   #13
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I cannot speak for Singapore, but maybe your Philly account expired. You could call them and find out if that is the case. I know mine did and I was able to get it sorted over the phone.
This happened to me - no warning or reminder, it just expired. When I logged a support call they told me and advised that I had to renew the same way that I joined up. Seems a bit long winded really. I decided not to renew - it's gone up in price and my local library is now offering ebooks.

Yarra Plenty in Melbourne is also cracking down on non resident members. They cancelled my membership (I'm a kiwi). But only because I brought it to their attention when I called in to join up my son (who is under 18) when I was there last week. Dumb move on my part....
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:50 AM   #14
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
It has happened to me with Singapore (it has been wrong a couple of days, but it's OK now) and Free Library of Filadelfia (it has been wrong a couple of times only), and in the message has been the same in both cases: Your card can't be validated at this moment {0}

No problem with Filadelfia card, I renewed it on September. It's a problem with Overdrive, I'm afraid.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:07 PM   #15
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
Yarra Plenty in Melbourne is also cracking down on non resident members. They cancelled my membership (I'm a kiwi). But only because I brought it to their attention when I called in to join up my son (who is under 18) when I was there last week. Dumb move on my part....
I hope they don't ever work out that I'm in Queensland!!

Although I don't use the Yarra Plenty library very much as I am also a member of the Brisbane Library which shares their Overdrive facility it has been very handy when I or my husband have both wanted to put a few books on hold.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote