Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-06-2019, 08:17 AM   #31
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Walmart, Amazon, Kobo.com
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:02 AM   #32
Derf
Connoisseur
Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD / Mac User
The Chapters/indigo website in Canada sells the Forma for $299 CAD, which works out to $226 USD. There is $20CAD to ship it, but no tax, so the total comes to 320CAD = $241 USD

Walmart is selling the Forma for $250. On top of that sales tax in NY is 9%, which works out to $22. Total cost at Walmart is $272. It may be less depending on where you live.

So for $30, or 12% more money, you are getting it faster, and have easier returns.

If you also add the kobo forma sleep cover for $50 USD at Walmart, or $60CAD at Chapters, you end up paying $286 through Chapters, and $322 at Walmart, $37 more, and again about 12% more.
Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2019, 11:20 AM   #33
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf View Post
The Chapters/indigo website in Canada sells the Forma for $299 CAD, which works out to $226 USD. There is $20CAD to ship it, but no tax, so the total comes to 320CAD = $241 USD

Walmart is selling the Forma for $250. On top of that sales tax in NY is 9%, which works out to $22. Total cost at Walmart is $272. It may be less depending on where you live.

So for $30, or 12% more money, you are getting it faster, and have easier returns.

If you also add the kobo forma sleep cover for $50 USD at Walmart, or $60CAD at Chapters, you end up paying $286 through Chapters, and $322 at Walmart, $37 more, and again about 12% more.
Obviously sales tax is both highly significant and individual. No sales tax in my state, so it would probably be worth paying an extra $9 for convenience. Other minor factors include currency exchange charges (at best, you're not getting the market rate) and ebates from the different purveyors.

I think OEM covers are one of the great swindles of all time. I would never pay $50 for a cover, ever. $10 is about my maximum.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:23 PM   #34
Searching
Searching began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One (lost)
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Obviously sales tax is both highly significant and individual. No sales tax in my state, so it would probably be worth paying an extra $9 for convenience. Other minor factors include currency exchange charges (at best, you're not getting the market rate) and ebates from the different purveyors.

I think OEM covers are one of the great swindles of all time. I would never pay $50 for a cover, ever. $10 is about my maximum.
For me in Florida, it will cost around $25 USD more to order the Forma from Walmart. I think/hope the probability of a return is low. $25 for faster shipping/convenience.

I have ordered from Chapters before, I might be doing the same tomorrow.
Searching is offline   Reply With Quote