Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-28-2020, 05:18 PM   #61
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How can you deliver the 5.3 version since the plugin system doesn't handle multiple versions? And if it did, how would you tell people who need the older version to install the older version?
Only by directing them to post #2 where they can see a new note (in blue) outlining how to download and install the old version.

Users who already have the old version don't need to do anything until they do update to calibre v5.4.

Last edited by jackie_w; 10-28-2020 at 05:21 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 05:20 PM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Only by directing them to post #2 where they can see a new note (in blue) outlining how to download and install the old version.
Can you do you do this in the 5.4 version for those that need the 5.3 version when they first run the 5.4 version?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2020, 06:21 PM   #63
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Can you do you do this in the 5.4 version for those that need the 5.3 version when they first run the 5.4 version?
I don't understand what you're asking. There's already a suitable calibre error message if you manually attempt to install TTS to MP3 v0.5.4 via calibre v5.3 (or below). Try to install it manually for yourself and see. Those who prefer to update via the calibre plugin update system can already see that there is an update pending but there is also a message in the Status column warning that a calibre update is also required and the Install button is disabled.

Nobody has calibre v5.4 until Friday.

ETA: If you think the blue note in post #2 is not sufficient I've added it again to the notes in post #1.

Last edited by jackie_w; 10-28-2020 at 06:58 PM. Reason: ETA
Old 10-28-2020, 07:20 PM   #64
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I don't understand what you're asking. There's already a suitable calibre error message if you manually attempt to install TTS to MP3 v0.5.4 via calibre v5.3 (or below). Try to install it manually for yourself and see. Those who prefer to update via the calibre plugin update system can already see that there is an update pending but there is also a message in the Status column warning that a calibre update is also required and the Install button is disabled.

Nobody has calibre v5.4 until Friday.

ETA: If you think the blue note in post #2 is not sufficient I've added it again to the notes in post #1.
It's not the blue note. It's the fact that the new version of the plugin is what will be on offer to those with an older version of Calibre. So if you are running 4.23 and you want to install the plugin, you get aversion that will not work. If you are not on MR, you won't know about this thread or how to get the version that will work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:52 PM   #65
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It's the fact that the new version of the plugin is what will be on offer to those with an older version of Calibre.
But the new version won't be on offer to those with an older version of Calibre.

Quote:
So if you are running 4.23 and you want to install the plugin, you get a version that will not work.
No, you won't get a version that doesn't work because it won't install. Anyone who's interested enough to read post #1 will see that there's a note pointing to post #2 where a version that will work on v4.23 can be found. Anyone reading the Version History is also directed to post #2.

Quote:
If you are not on MR, you won't know about this thread or how to get the version that will work.
How many people who are not on MR know about any of the plugins? I can only work within the constraints of what calibre/MR make possible. Seriously, what more can I do?
Advert
Old 11-15-2020, 09:10 AM   #66
Muskillogemi
Muskillogemi began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Plug-in this does not appear on the toolbar (Caliber 5.5)

When I installed the plug-in this does not appear on the toolbar (Caliber 5.5) , in the previous version neither I appeared and there is no way to add it to the toolbar and menus as it does not appear as an available action either. I have more add-ons installed and this is the only one that gives me that problem. I am using the latest version of 64-bit Caliber and the latest version of Windows 10 Pro. In much older versions I did not have this problem so I think the problem is not in my computer. Please help. Thank you.
Muskillogemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 09:38 AM   #67
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskillogemi View Post
When I installed the plug-in this does not appear on the toolbar (Caliber 5.5) , in the previous version neither I appeared and there is no way to add it to the toolbar and menus as it does not appear as an available action either. I have more add-ons installed and this is the only one that gives me that problem. I am using the latest version of 64-bit Caliber and the latest version of Windows 10 Pro. In much older versions I did not have this problem so I think the problem is not in my computer. Please help. Thank you.
Have you read post #59 and updated 'TTS to MP3' to its latest version, v0.5.4 as instructed?

Here's a screenshot from my Win10 Home PC running calibre v5.5. As you can see the 'TTStoMP3' plugin is offered in the left-hand 'Available actions' column, just like any other plugin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ttsmp3.JPG
Views:	259
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	183401  
Old 11-15-2020, 02:33 PM   #68
Muskillogemi

Quote:
Have you read post #59 and updated 'TTS to MP3' to its latest version, v0.5.4 as instructed?

Here's a screenshot from my Win10 Home PC running calibre v5.5. As you can see the 'TTStoMP3' plugin is offered in the left-hand 'Available actions' column, just like any other plugin.

I have checked it, it is installed but the option to add it to the menu does not appear. All the add-ons I have installed appear except this one.

https://ibb.co/tBT520q

https://ibb.co/B350Kzb
Old 11-15-2020, 02:48 PM   #69
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I have checked it, it is installed but the option to add it to the menu does not appear. All the add-ons I have installed appear except this one.
This is not something I've come across before. The only suggestion I have is to choose the Restart in debug mode option available on the Preferences sub-menu. After calibre restarts close it again and post here the resulting debug log .TXT file. Let's see if there are any obvious errors being logged behing the scenes.
Old 11-15-2020, 02:55 PM   #70
Muskillogemi

Quote:
This is not something I've come across before. The only suggestion I have is to choose the Restart in debug mode option available on the Preferences sub-menu. After calibre restarts close it again and post here the resulting debug log .TXT file. Let's see if there are any obvious errors being logged behing the scenes.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 134, in __init__
File "calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 152, in init_iaction
File "calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 614, in load_actual_plugin
File "importlib\__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1014, in _gcd_import
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 991, in _find_and_load
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 671, in _load_unlocked
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 192, in exec_module
File "calibre_plugins.prince_pdf.ui", line 8, in <module>
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 185, in exec_module
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 181, in get_code
File "calibre_plugins.prince_pdf.main", line 221
if DEBUG: print('===========')
^
TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation
File "calibre_plugins.similar_stories.action", line 12, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PyQt4'
File "calibre_plugins.tts_to_mp3_plugin.uiaction", line 31, in <module>
File "calibre_plugins.tts_to_mp3_plugin.tts_to_mp3" , line 27, in <module>
File "calibre_plugins.tts_to_mp3_plugin.config", line 32, in <module>
File "calibre_plugins.tts_to_mp3_plugin.utils", line 200, in get_voicedesc_from_id
OSError: C:\r\src\src\calibre\utils\windows\winsapi.cpp:126 :Failed to get current voice:[-2147200966] IDispatch error #20026
EpubMerge: DEBUG: 2020-11-15 20:52:20,517: calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin(158): macmenuhack file_path:C:\Users\jmara\AppData\Roaming\calibre\p lugins\fanficfare_macmenuhack.txt
calibre Registro de depuración
calibre 5.5 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: es
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0) && Author Book Count (2, 1, 9) && Clipboard Search (1, 3, 1) && Consolidate All Library Metadata (2, 0, 37) && Count Pages (1, 11, 0) && EpubMerge (2, 11, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 0, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 5) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 3) && Goodreads (1, 5, 1) && Goodreads Sync (1, 14, 3) && Job Spy (1, 0, 188) && Manage Series (1, 2, 11) && Open With (1, 5, 13) && Perrypedia (0, 1, 0) && Prince PDF (1, 4, 4) && Similar Stories (1, 0, 58) && TTS to MP3 (0, 5, 4) && View Manager (1, 6, 0) && Wiki Reader (2, 2, 1)
calibre 5.5 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: es
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0) && Author Book Count (2, 1, 9) && Clipboard Search (1, 3, 1) && Consolidate All Library Metadata (2, 0, 37) && Count Pages (1, 11, 0) && EpubMerge (2, 11, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 0, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 5) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 3) && Goodreads (1, 5, 1) && Goodreads Sync (1, 14, 3) && Job Spy (1, 0, 188) && Manage Series (1, 2, 11) && Open With (1, 5, 13) && Perrypedia (0, 1, 0) && Prince PDF (1, 4, 4) && Similar Stories (1, 0, 58) && TTS to MP3 (0, 5, 4) && View Manager (1, 6, 0) && Wiki Reader (2, 2, 1)
Turning on automatic hidpi scaling
devicePixelRatio: 1.0
logicalDpi: 96.0 x 96.0
physicalDpi: 91.84180790960451 x 92.05369127516778
Using calibre Qt style: True
[0.00] Starting up...
[0.00] Showing splash screen...
[0.53] splash screen shown
[0.53] Initializing db...
[4.61] db initialized
[4.61] Constructing main UI...
DEBUG: 0.0 Goodreads Sync::dialogs.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 GoodreadsSync::action.py - loading translations
CALM: initialization_complete............
DEBUG: 3.7 HttpHelper::__init__: proxy=None
Job Spy has begun initialization...
Calibre, and hence Job Spy, was gracefully shut down last time? True
Last time daemon started: never
Last time daemon failed: never
Total daemon starts inception_to_date: 0
Total daemon failures inception-to-date: 0
Job Spy has finished initialization...
[8.86] main UI initialized...
[8.86] Hiding splash screen
Starting QuickView
[79.99] splash screen hidden
[79.99] Started up in 79.99 seconds with 78483 books
Old 11-15-2020, 03:48 PM   #71
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

The plugin is failing to load when you start calibre. I think this is the relevant bit of the debug log

Code:
File "calibre_plugins.tts_to_mp3_plugin.utils", line 200, in get_voicedesc_from_id
OSError: C:\r\src\src\calibre\utils\windows\winsapi.cpp:126 :Failed to get current voice:[-2147200966] IDispatch error #20026
I haven't seen this error before but it looks as if maybe your copy of Windows doesn't have a default Voice set.

What do you see under Voices (see screenshot) when you go to
Windows > Settings > Time&Language > Speech
and if you press the Preview voice button on that screen do you hear that selected Voice correctly?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MSSpeech.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	183403  
Old 11-15-2020, 04:19 PM   #72
Muskillogemi

Quote:
The plugin is failing to load when you start calibre. I think this is the relevant bit of the debug log

Code:
I haven't seen this error before but it looks as if maybe your copy of Windows doesn't have a default Voice set.

What do you see under Voices (see screenshot) when you go to
Windows > Settings > Time&Language > Speech
and if you press the Preview voice button on that screen do you hear that selected Voice correctly?

Yes, I can hear the voice perfectly, although it is not the default in Windows since I installed TTS voice packages in my language, Spanish.

https://ibb.co/sypRDNj

Last edited by Muskillogemi; 11-15-2020 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-15-2020, 04:57 PM   #73
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes, I can hear the voice perfectly, although it is not the default in Windows since I installed TTS voice packages in my language, Spanish.
Do you know how to view the contents of your Windows Registry using Windows regedit?

If so, what do you see under key
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Narrator\NoRoam
for SpeechVoice?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MSSpeech2.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	183404  
Old 11-16-2020, 05:10 AM   #74
Muskillogemi

Quote:
Do you know how to view the contents of your Windows Registry using Windows regedit?

If so, what do you see under key
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Narrator\NoRoam
for SpeechVoice?

I don't have that code in my register..:

https://ibb.co/1GSLW6y
Old 11-16-2020, 05:50 AM   #75
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
You might have to change the default Narrator voice in Windows 10.
(Turn on Narrator, change the default voice, then turn off Narrator.)

This'll add the missing registry key.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, mp3, neural, tts, voices