Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #16
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. queentess.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:42 PM   #17
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Congratulations Dr. and Mrs. Drib.

You don't need no steenkin' book. They come with instructions, you know, and a manufacturer's warranty. Don't you know nothin'?
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #18
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Who can recommend a good, quality ebook with commonsense rules?
Firstly, congratulations!

Secondly, you seem to have plenty of suggestions for books to get you through the first few weeks at at least.

So let me recommend one that should help you after the first few months (unless you're lucky or naturally insomniac):

Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems by Richard Ferber, now available in Kindle edition, and probably other formats elsewhere.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NY11NI

As well as the sections on various problems, it also has excellent descriptions of normal sleeping patterns and how to encourage them.

Hmmm.... looking at the Amazon reviews I see I may have stepped into a minefield with this recommendation. There are some who are vehemently opposed to this book.

All I'll say is that it certainly helped us.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:50 PM   #19
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
And heck, since I'm wading my way through all these horrendous pregnancy books, I may as well recommend the two books I couldn't do without:

Your Pregnancy Week by Week - gives relevant information in small bites without being overly preachy or worrisome. I didn't like What to Expect When You're Expecting because it brought up all the little things that could go wrong, but didn't really lay out a good typical pregnancy. It worried me more than it helped, and the Week by Week book was a great alternative. It came highly recommended to me from many friends with babies.

Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way - I want to do an unmedicated birth, so this book was a natural draw for me. However, it gave a robust outline of what to expect during labor, and I think that would be good for any first-time mom, regardless of birth plan. I went from being completely terrified of labor to completely serene about it in the span of this book.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:56 PM   #20
madamechaussette
madamechaussette began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Augen "The Book" and soon a Kindle 3 Wifi
Congratulations! I'm expecting baby #1 in November, and have read the gamut of pregnancy books. I heartily recommend books by William and Martha Sears, especially The Pregnancy Book, and The Baby Book.

Queentess: I'm also doing natural childbirth! Have you read Pushed by Jennifer Block, or The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer? I could not put either one of them down.
madamechaussette is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #21
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by madamechaussette View Post
Queentess: I'm also doing natural childbirth! Have you read Pushed by Jennifer Block, or The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer? I could not put either one of them down.
Just added these two to my list! Thinking Woman's Guide sounds like something that appeals to me, so that one's up first.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote