Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-15-2018, 12:48 AM   #1
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
How’s Dropbox sync work?

I’ve just learned of inkbook 3 and sounds like it’ll sync reading place, highlights and notes via Dropbox between iOS app and ereader. Is that correct? Does it work well?
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:25 AM   #2
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
In older devices Dropbox stopped working because Dropbox is making updates to its system but the older Pocketbooks don't get updates.

New Pocketbooks are Touch HD, Touch HD 2, and Inkpad 3. Dropbox works on them.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2018, 01:07 PM   #3
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Dropbox is working fine to me in my Inkpad 3, but it only syncs the books, not notes o reading position.

That must be done with PocketBook Cloud Sync (and works fine to me).
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:43 PM   #4
Edgarasb
Edgarasb began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook HD2
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
Dropbox is working fine to me in my Inkpad 3, but it only syncs the books, not notes o reading position.

Sorry for intruding, but maybe you could detail how to get pocketbook cloud sync to work in man touch hd 2?
Edgarasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:17 AM   #5
Had Ouken
Had Ouken began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 350
Quote:

Syncing Notes is officially not possible with PocketBook Cloud and never was, so it does not and never did work for you.
You should not spread false news, bad enough that PocketBooks Marketing papers do, to precent people from wasting there time and money.
Had Ouken is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2019, 10:24 AM   #6
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had Ouken View Post
Syncing Notes is officially not possible with PocketBook Cloud and never was, so it does not and never did work for you.
You should not spread false news, bad enough that PocketBooks Marketing papers do, to precent people from wasting there time and money.
Quoting myself:

Now remarking:

I think in my text it is crystal clear that:
  1. Dropbox ONLY syncs books
  2. Dropbox do NOT syncs notes
  3. Dropbox do NOT sync reading position
Old 01-02-2019, 12:26 PM   #7
Had Ouken

I was not reffering to your comment pn dropbox, you selfquoted the wrong part.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:58 PM   #8
rfog
Guru

If I follow the entire chain of messages, yes, it can be misunderstand (or wrong written by my part) that Pocketbook Cloud Sync will sync annotations and highlights.

Yes, as far as I remember, devices only sync reading position.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:49 PM   #9
selmerry
selmerry began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 3 (632)
Here to clear some confusions. Pocketbook sync will ONLY sync notes and annotations between android app and web reader; but NOT eink devices. However reading progress WILL sync between android app, eink readers and web reader
selmerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:33 PM   #10
maximus83
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by selmerry View Post
Here to clear some confusions. Pocketbook sync will ONLY sync notes and annotations between android app and web reader; but NOT eink devices. However reading progress WILL sync between android app, eink readers and web reader
Good to know, thanks for clarifying. I was looking at the Pocketbook android app this afternoon, for other reasons, and thinking it had some nice functionality. Then I noticed the Inkpad 3 on their site and thought "Hmmm, despite my recently getting soured on e-ink devices (due to a subpar experience with a Kobo Clara), maybe I should reconsider?" If I could have a premium e-ink device, plus an android app that runs well on my phone, and a PC browser-based app, all of which would sync books, notes and all details to a single cloud, that would be quite an advantage and I'd consider it seriously.

However, the flies in the ointment are: (1) I still see a fair number of issues and user dissatisfaction reported here in MobileRead about the Inkpad 3 hardware and software, and (2) This issue about the software and only part of the annotations data syncing to their cloud. Once again, this issue underscores the extremely limited software support and functionality for e-ink devices, and the lack of seamless interop between e-ink hardware and other platforms like android, pc, and ios. Kinda' confirms my inclination to avoid e-ink and stick with android, for mobile reading.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:59 AM   #11
rfog
Guru

If it is worth something, currently I'm using FBreader (from fbreader.org -I think there are some other versions). No in a Pocketbook.

I said, I'm using FBReader in: iPhone, iPad, Note 9, Galaxy Tab 3 (the new one), iMac, and Boox POKE PRO (with Android). It more or less syncs positions well (fails a lot in Boox) and syncs notes across all devices (well, macOS version does not have support for that). It syncs books as well.

Other alternative is Google Play Books, that if it is not available in a device, you can use in the navigator and syncs everything. However, I've not tested the browser version inside a ebook (I assume it won't work).
Old 01-30-2019, 10:48 AM   #12
maximus83
Nameless Being

Quote:
Other alternative is Google Play Books, that if it is not available in a device, you can use in the navigator and syncs everything. However, I've not tested the browser version inside a ebook (I assume it won't work).
That's true, Google Play books is currently the only alternative I have that syncs across all Android devices and my PC, including notes, positions, everything. Tried Pocketbook and liked the Android app a lot, but their Pocketbook Cloud app which you can access by PC is very unreliable, wouldn't even load some of my larger ebooks.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:21 AM   #13
Had Ouken

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
If I could have a premium e-ink device, plus an android app that runs well on my phone, and a PC browser-based app, all of which would sync books, notes and all details to a single cloud, that would be quite an advantage and I'd consider it seriously.
Kindle has it all. Go for it. It's great.
The only reason it was not for me was missing text-to-speech.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:26 AM   #14
Had Ouken

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
Tried Pocketbook and liked the Android app a lot, but their Pocketbook Cloud app which you can access by PC is very unreliable, wouldn't even load some of my larger ebooks.
Yes, unfortunately everything they implement themselves is a complete mess (browser-reader, dropbox-sync, ...). Therefore I have no hopes for the notes-syncing-functionality when it is finally there after years of delay.