Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-22-2009, 11:36 PM   #1
JazzNeurotic
JazzNeurotic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Simon R. Green - Deathstalker

Hiya Folks! Soon to be new Kindle owner and i'm looking for the Deathstalker books by Simon R. Green. I've found some on torrent sites, but i'm not down with the piracy thing and was wondering if there was a legit site offering the books in e format. Thanks again!

Jazz
JazzNeurotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hello, Jazz and welcome to MobileRead.

Have you tried your local library's ebooks? You can download library books on your kindle by running scripts avaialable here. Click on the linky for more info.

Here is a page of Simon Green's books available on the K.......

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_ki...+green&x=0&y=0
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2009, 11:47 PM   #3
JazzNeurotic

Local library? Do you mean, the one here where i live, or the one here on the website? I'm sorry i don't know so much, i'm very new to this. Kinda odd to have so little information :P
Old 02-22-2009, 11:56 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzNeurotic View Post
Local library? Do you mean, the one here where i live, or the one here on the website? I'm sorry i don't know so much, i'm very new to this. Kinda odd to have so little information :P
Not to worry. Do you have a library card? If so, go online and see if they have e-books availabe for download? You would want the mobipocket format.

Next step, find what you want, download it to your computer, run the kindlefix script and bingo bango upload to your kindle using the usb cord. It will 'expire' itself when the loan period is over. No more late fees, no muss no fuss.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:58 PM   #5
JazzNeurotic

Ahhh, no such luck there. I'm from the middle of noware (South Dakota) and the public library doesn't have an online e-book loaning system.
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 12:03 AM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Have you tried your local library's ebooks? You can download library books on your kindle by running scripts avaialable here. Click on the linky for more info.
If the books aren't in the Kindle store... they probably won't be in the library either.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:07 AM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Ahhh, no such luck there. I'm from the middle of noware (South Dakota) and the public library doesn't have an online e-book loaning system.
Sorry to hear that. Now, I have heard the the Nypl has an extensive selection of e-books in mobipocket format. You can buy an out of state membership for $100 dollars. I do not know if that is in your budget, but its a thought. Here is the link, you can kinda see what they have.

PilotBob has a good point.

http://ebooks.nypl.org/6BD3FABB-2E30...en/Default.htm
Old 02-23-2009, 12:10 AM   #8
JazzNeurotic

No luck there either. How ethical is it to download the torrent of a book that you can't find anyware else?
Old 02-23-2009, 12:11 AM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
No luck there either. How ethical is it to download the torrent of a book that you can't find anyware else?
Its a personal decision.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #10
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Doesn't look like it - The Nightside books & the first two of the Secret Histories are in eBook (although I've only seen them in the Sony store - not checked Amazon for Kindle format).

As for ethics - personally, I'd view a major factor as being whether the downloader has a physical copy of the book or not.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #11
deety
book geek
deety began at the beginning.

As someone who owns physical copies of the Deathstalker books, I'd probably download whatever versions I could get if I really wanted to read them on Kindle. But I'd want to support the author and replace them with legit copies as soon as they were available, especially because most of my paperback copies were secondhand.
deety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #12
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-16-2010 at 04:05 AM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:40 AM   #13
JazzNeurotic

@deety

That's kinda the direction i'm going. I've bought all the Deathstalker books on audio from Audible.com so i do, technically, have a copy of them, i'd just like to actually read them as well.