Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-15-2018, 12:57 AM   #226
dpk
dpk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by fllc View Post
@dpk: I downloaded latest nightly, unpacked and copied koreader and extensions directories to kindle. started kual, and Koreader just worked. no problems at all.
@fllc

Thanks many - I picked the nightly built and its all good!
dpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:08 AM   #227
dpk

Have recently updated to firmware 5.10.2 and ever since my de drm tools are failing. Is there a way I can downgrade the firmware to 5.10.1.1? BTW I have the jailbreak in place and kual / mrpi all working good just the de-drm failing.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:36 AM   #228
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpk View Post
Have recently updated to firmware 5.10.2 and ever since my de drm tools are failing. Is there a way I can downgrade the firmware to 5.10.1.1? BTW I have the jailbreak in place and kual / mrpi all working good just the de-drm failing.
What model of Kindle?

You are running your de-dem tools on the Kindle?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:40 AM   #229
fllc
has been
fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k4nt, touch, PW2, koa2, pw4, Nook GLP 7.8
Quote:
5.10.2 introduced hardened DRM for KFX only. So you have to use "download and transfer via USB" which will download AZW3. Just browse threads in Kindle (not developers corner) for more discussion on this topic.
fllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:43 AM   #230
dpk

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What model of Kindle?

You are running your de-dem tools on the Kindle?
I'm using a retail version of de-drm tool epubor and it used to work good until 5.10.1.1 but now its no go. This is not on the kindle device itself but on the PC and you need to connect kindle device to PC to read the content. Is there a way can I downgrade the firmware (since I have jailbreak already installed?). BTW, this is on my Kindle Paperwhite 4th gen 8/32G.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:49 AM   #231
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm using a retail version of de-drm tool epubor and it used to work good until 5.10.1.1 but now its no go. This is not on the kindle device itself but on the PC and you need to connect kindle device to PC to read the content. Is there a way can I downgrade the firmware (since I have jailbreak already installed?). BTW, this is on my Kindle Paperwhite 4th gen 8/32G.
Your looking at the wrong device.
Neither the JB nor the firmware version on the Kindle can cause the problem you describe.
The USB connector on the Kindle is a much tighter fit (water resistance) - your problem may be that or the USB cable you are using now. Other than that, your problem is on your PC.

The only way to down grade that firmware version is by using the serial port.
Due to difference in file system layout, our directions for older models is not correct for this model.

TL;DR: No
Old 12-18-2018, 03:49 PM   #232
Rockets00
Connoisseur
Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kindle 2
How to make "fake registration" work with 5.10.1.1? Is this affected by the file system layout?
README says Paperwhite 1-2-3
Can anyone confirm if /var/local/java/prefs/reginfo still exists?

PS:KindleTool has extra arguments for PW4, created new bin file and it is running now on PW4 5.10.1.1.

Last edited by Rockets00; 12-19-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Rockets00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:35 AM   #233
xRetroN
xRetroN began at the beginning.

Device: PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRetroN View Post
Hi! I jailbreak my PW4 about week ago, today i decided update to the newest version (maybe customer update?). During updating, I saw the words at the bottom *Bridge+* or something like that, but after installation there was no trace of jailbreak What can I do? KUAL can not turn on, I tried to install jailbreak, MRPI, KUAL but nothing works Thanks for reply and help !
Can someone help? What's happened with my jb?
xRetroN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:41 AM   #234
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Can someone help? What's happened with my jb?
Install the hotfix as update.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:21 PM   #235
Rockets00
Connoisseur
Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kindle 2
Arrow

I attach fake registration for all paperwhite4 devices. If you need readme file, search for update_k5_reginfo_0.1.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip update_paperwhite4_reginfo_0.1.zip (4.0 KB, 169 views)

Last edited by Rockets00; 12-19-2018 at 01:27 PM.
Rockets00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:47 PM   #236
xRetroN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Install the hotfix as update.
I tried, but I can't, after disconnecting the cable, the information pops up Update Error - An invaild update file has been loaded on your device. [...]
Old 12-19-2018, 04:13 PM   #237
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@xRetroN: make sure you're using a *fresh* download of the hotfix.

EDIT: Nghh, scratch that, 5.10.2 has been released -_-".
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #238
xRetroN

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@xRetroN: make sure you're using a *fresh* download of the hotfix.

EDIT: Nghh, scratch that, 5.10.2 has been released -_-".
I downloaded the latest firmware because I saw everyone on the forum update, I didn't know that 5.10.2 is too new haha. I also guessed that you need to update the hotfix, because I've already found a similar topic about PW3, but so far I thought the patch was ready, because I downloaded it almost a week ago!
Old 12-19-2018, 04:24 PM   #239
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Note that you shouldn't need to reinstall the hotfix, though.

Everything else, yes, but not the hotfix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
Note that a firmware update will put you back to the step just after MRPI (i.e., you'll have to reinstall anything custom, KUAL included).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:25 PM   #240
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I downloaded the latest firmware because I saw everyone on the forum update, I didn't know that 5.10.2 is too new haha. I also guessed that you need to update the hotfix, because I've already found a similar topic about PW3, but so far I thought the patch was ready, because I downloaded it almost a week ago!
You where correct, if you had also updated a week ago.

Tags
jailbreak, pw4