Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 07-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
WarEagle01
WarEagle01 began at the beginning.

Device: ebook
ETI 1 problem with book uploads.

Hello everyone, newbie here. I just got this eBook technologies ETI 1 from a guy at work. From from I can gather from the internets, it is basically a REB 1200. I'm trying to upload some .imp books I found on this site but it is having problems reading them. I'm downloading the books to the compact flash card using a card reader on my computer. After I put the card back in the reader and then power up, it appears to be able to read the files. On the "bookshelf" page it shows the title and author, but when I click on the file I get "For some reason, this book cannot be opened. Sorry." across the top of the screen. Any ideas about what is going on? Thanks.
WarEagle01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:40 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Where are the books coming from? Are they downloads from Fictionwise (for example) or home-grown?

Books with an IMP extention are not readable across the various ETI readers, so it might be that you have the "wrong type" of IMP.

I'm a little rusty on this since I gave my old eBookwise to a co-worker a couple years ago, but if I remember correctly, when I downloaded multi-format books from Fictionwise for the eBookwise, I used the OEBFF Half-VGA. Since you say you have the other one, you might try the "Full VGA" version (this depends on how your got your ebooks, natch).

Last edited by FizzyWater; 07-29-2011 at 07:52 PM. Reason: added information about Fictionwise formats
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
For the REB1200 (ETI-1), use .imp ebooks files from Mobileread's Upload library ending with _1200.imp.

If you find an .imp without such suffix, then it is for the EBW1150 (ETI-2).

When creating .imp ebooks yourself, using eBook Publisher, FizzyWater is right, use the Color (Full) VGA build target i.e. output file type. That's the one for the REB1200.

For more info, see our wiki IMP software or REB 1200.

Also, see the IMP forums, IMP ebook format and Fictionwise eBookwise.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote