Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-01-2007, 06:01 PM   #1
phigdon
phigdon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Sony Feedback

Is there a link anywhere to send in feedback on the reader? I want to suggest using the menu and ent. buttons to run the audio controls while reading. It’s a pain to back out of a book and menu into the audio files just to pause the song. I know that if you hold the volume down it will mute, but I want not only to pause but also to go forward and back on the audio files.
phigdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:57 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
phigdon, I don't think there is an official way of sending feedback to Sony regarding the Reader. But rest assured, Sony folks are also tracking our community from time to time, so they should be aware of our suggestions. If you have some urgent matters, you may also want to contact them via their support line.

Also, check out this thread.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2007, 11:23 AM   #3
alex_d
Addict
alex_d doesn't litteralex_d doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
phigdon, rest assured sony doesn't give a rat's ass. it doesn't look like it gave much effort to designing the gui (except to make it as dumbed down as possible), and it doesn't look like they're trying to improve it (given the recent update presented Zero changes).

besides, i don't think they want to make mp3 playback a big feature. (it compromises battery life and that sours the sales pitch).

personally, i'd wish to try my hand at programming my own gui. However, the community hasn't figured out all the parts to how to do that. (It has figured out some.)
alex_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:45 PM   #4
memobug
Connoisseur
memobug began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500/PRS-505/Kindle DX/iPhone 3G
They are probably too busy hemorrhaging cash on the Playstation 3 to purchase any serious development on the Reader. Kind of the PSP, the Reader is a neat piece of hardware with a lot of promise, but some crippling limitations that are largely self-imposed.

Regards,

Matt
memobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:46 PM   #5
sic
Addict
sic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enough

Device: SONY reader
try 1-866-962-7669
they also have a support website:
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...ome:btnSupport
I doubt that you'll get anything out of them...
sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert