Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-31-2018, 02:18 PM   #1
eater
eater doesn't littereater doesn't litter

Device: linux desktop
help using Enter key to view a book

I'd like to be able to hit Enter on my keyboard, when a title is selected in my library, and have that open the book in the default reader.

So I have added that to my Shortcuts (as a synonym for "V") and it works.

But now I can't use Enter to submit a search when I'm typing in the search field -- it opens whatever book is currently highlighted instead. Is there a way to fix that? I can type V in the search field without viewing a book, so why not Enter?
eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 02:41 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A
Already thought of by the Master.

Preferences: Tweaks
# Control behavior of the book list

doubleclick_on_library_view = 'do_nothing'

enter_key_behavior = 'do_nothing' <<<<<<<<<

horizontal_scrolling_per_column = True

Read the notes for alternate entries. (note: the values shown here are not all defaults)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2018, 03:02 PM   #3
eater
eater doesn't littereater doesn't litter

Device: linux desktop
Amazing! Thanks.
eater is offline   Reply With Quote