Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-31-2018, 01:00 PM   #1
nartes
nartes began at the beginning.

Device: none
bug: Non-consistent reading position when switching fullscreen mode

Does anyone experience current page number changing when switching fullscreen mode back and forth couple times?

I'm using latest calibre from Archlinux.
The book is in epub format.

It looks like there's some algorithm that reflows the text each time the view frame changes. The problem is that going between two different view frames. That is windowed mode and a fullscreen one. It makes the current reading position to drift when you are returned to a specific view. Like I'm at a page 407 out of 800. When I've switched to a windowed mode the text is reflowed and the position becomes 399. But when I turn back to a fullscreen mode again the position is not restored to 407, it goes to 370. After a couple of switchings you are annoyed to scroll to the position where you were. Completely unfriendly user experience.

P.S. Can't post a bug on launchpad because it throws an exception upon logging in via Ubuntu one.
nartes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:26 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Its not a bug, its an inherent limitation of how pages work. At different sizes there are different amounts on content per page and ifferent numbers of pages, you cannot get exact one-to-one maping in such a case.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote