Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-30-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Lightbulb MOBI DeDRM plugin not working on Mac

Hi, i have written a guide on how to de-DRM Kindle books you own with Calibre. On PC it works just fine but one of Mac users left this message on my blog
Quote:
Thanks for the advice, and it’s really easy to follow. Can I check which version of Calibre you are using, because I can follow your instructions until I get to the plugin page, but I don’t have a text box at the bottom, I have a button which reads “add plug in”, but if I click on that and navigate to where I’ve got my plug in file, I can’t open it because everything within the file is greyed out. I’m using Calibre 7.43 on a Mac running 10.5.8. Perhaps this is what the earlier comment means when it says “won’t work on the Mac”. However I don’t have a PC to test it on.
Thanks, This would be really useful if I can get it to work.
Since i don't have a mac i have no idea whether this is something with the plugin, Calibre or her own mistake.

Anyone has any idea?
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I think she's unzipping the the K4MobiDeDRM archive and trying to add the .py file as a plugin. .py isn't a valid plugin type (they have to be in a zip file) so they're grayed out and unable to be selected. Tell her she needs to select the zip file itself.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert