Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Calibre support of new Kindle 3

Kovid - I am sure this is a dumb question but one I didn't see on the boards so far. With the annoucement of the new K3, will there be Calibre support and if so, when? (I am assuming once you get your hands on one like the rest of us )

It would pain me terribly to give up my beloved Calibre program which I finally have customized exactly for me, along with all the metadata edits done. Any word or news of an ETA would be great and as always THANK YOU for such a wonderful product.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
New devices are usually supported within a week of their release. Though with Amazon, if they decided to make their device even more closed...

SO if the Kindle 3's USB connection works like the Kindle 1 and 2 a week, if not, I can't say
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 10:28 PM   #3
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
Fixed today with
Release: 0.7.16 [27 Aug, 2010]
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
mahatmanto
mahatmanto began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3G Wifi, iphone 3Gs
help me please...
i am running caliber 0.7.40 on macbook but sadly could not detect my kindle 3...

Last edited by mahatmanto; 01-14-2011 at 08:24 PM.
mahatmanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
make sure you dont have another device like an iphone/ipad connected at the same time
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 10:45 PM   #6
mahatmanto

aah....
yes, after i unpluged my iphone, it works normaly now.
thank you for your helpful advice!

Last edited by mahatmanto; 01-14-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:23 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahatmanto View Post
aah....
yes, after i unpluged my iphone, it works normaly now.
thank you for your helpful advice!
You can disable the Apple device interface plugin so this won't happen again. This still allows the recommended Connect to iTunes method to get books to your iPhone or iPad.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:36 PM   #8
mahatmanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
You can disable the Apple device interface plugin so this won't happen again. This still allows the recommended Connect to iTunes method to get books to your iPhone or iPad.
thanks,