Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-17-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
EasyAs123
Love to Read
EasyAs123 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition (gift), Sony PRS-T1, Nook HD+ 32GB
New Sony Reader Pocket Edition (PRS-300) owner

Hi everyone. I received a new Sony Reader Pocket Edition yesterday from my in-laws. So far it's ok except Sony's dang chat CSR's. I purchased 2 of the Sony eBook Store gift cards (see Sony Reader Store Gift Cards on Sale at Target April 11-17). They still don't work. Why??? All I could get out of chat was that they WON'T work. Finally they just said I needed to call CS. What a lovely introduction to the company. While several people have said it takes a few hours for the cards to finally activate, mine still won't. If I can't get them to activate in 24 hours I will NOT be a happy Sony customer no matter how good the Reader is. Keep your fingers crossed that this all resolves itself in the next 24 hours.
EasyAs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi EasyAs123 and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Hi and welcome. I hope it all works out for you. I've had zero problems with the Sony store, and while I don't use it often, I added four of the gift cards this week and they went through immediately.

I hope you won't mind if I ask, are you using the correct number under the scratch-off silver stuff. Not trying to imply anything. Just thought I'd ask the obvious question.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:37 AM   #4
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #5
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Name:  3d_text_6.gif
Views: 226
Size:  11.0 KB to Mobileread, EasyAs123.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 10:30 PM   #6
EasyAs123
Love to Read
EasyAs123 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition (gift), Sony PRS-T1, Nook HD+ 32GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryWes View Post
Hi and welcome. I hope it all works out for you. I've had zero problems with the Sony store, and while I don't use it often, I added four of the gift cards this week and they went through immediately.

I hope you won't mind if I ask, are you using the correct number under the scratch-off silver stuff. Not trying to imply anything. Just thought I'd ask the obvious question.
My cards finally went through the following day. Not certain if it was a glitch on the Target end or Sony, but they finally worked. Yeah!
EasyAs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:52 PM   #7
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote