Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-28-2016, 01:11 AM   #1
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Paperwhite page turns

Occasionally when I turn a page it turns several pages at once. Something I'm doing wrong? Or some setting I'm not aware of?
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:53 AM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
It also happens to me with my PW2 and also my voyage.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2016, 09:57 AM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

I think it is just a glitch in the FW. My Voyage does that occasionally too.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:51 PM   #4
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
This is an old issue with touch screen ereaders. If you tap to turn pages the solution is to swipe. If you swipe the solution is to tap. I started out tapping and had that problem and switched to swiping because of a discussion in some forum and it solved the problem for me. As many people have to go the other way to solve the problem.

I don't think anyone really knows why this happens but there are sure a lot of theories.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:46 AM   #5
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I don't think anyone really knows why this happens but there are sure a lot of theories.
Barry
Maybe Arthur C. Clarke was right: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert