Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #796
tINmOUSE
(stand in: rOBOTmINION)
tINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watch

Device: none yet. Waiting for Mentor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Ok, it's taken a while (in particular, finding/making the monkey mask was a bit tricky), but here is the long-awaited illustration for Marc's avatar.

I was thinking you could select bits of it to use at any given time... it's rather overwhelming all at once, don't you think?
Is that a bowl of ginger ice-cream?
tINmOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:40 PM   #797
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by tINmOUSE View Post
a quick post cause I am asleep at the moment (it being 1:30am here).

For some reason its very easy to think of Zelda as a redhead?
Anyone else experiencing this?

Attachment 14226

There just a sense of 'utter silliness' about this mysterious woman
(and thus perfectly suited to be a zelda-pinwheel avatar)

(enough! sleep calls me back to slumber as the log of
unconcessness...ness that I so resemble on tuesdays)
Your on your own on this one I guessed blonde in a previous thread and I am still clearing out my inbox!

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #798
tINmOUSE
(stand in: rOBOTmINION)
tINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watch

Device: none yet. Waiting for Mentor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Your on your own on this one I guessed blonde in a previous thread and I am still clearing out my inbox!

JJ

uh... lend me a shovel. I may have had an accident involving a fan.

Last edited by tINmOUSE; 07-09-2008 at 01:45 PM.
tINmOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #799
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
uh... lend me a shovel. I may have an accident involving a fan.
I can even lend you the fan!!

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:26 PM   #800
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Ok, it's taken a while (in particular, finding/making the monkey mask was a bit tricky), but here is the long-awaited illustration for Marc's avatar.

I was thinking you could select bits of it to use at any given time... it's rather overwhelming all at once, don't you think?
holy COW neko-chan, that's even better than i could have imagined !!! maybe we should also make you official portraitist of The Ministry ? all i can say is bravo, and you can't see me but i'm giving you a standing ovation.

Quote:
funny, i post here a lot in my sleep as well...

Quote:

those infernal paparazzi, never a moment's peace...

but you're right about one thing, it will make an excellent avatar.

go back to sleep now, you crazy mouse.

Quote:
uh... lend me a shovel. I may have had an accident involving a fan.
hmm... i don't think i even want to know.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:22 PM   #801
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:

Attachment 14226

I don't know why but I always picture ZP as Audrey Tautou in "Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain". If this is not the case please don't tell me and allow me the disillusioned fantasy.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:28 PM   #802
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
I don't know why but I always picture ZP as Audrey Tautou in "Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain". If this is not the case please don't tell me and allow me the disillusioned fantasy.
i certainly will not complain about that, that girl is beautiful.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:33 PM   #803
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Is that a bowl of ginger ice-cream?
I intended it to be galangal soup, but ginger ice cream may be more appropriate in this weather.... Well, where Marc is, galangal soup is probably more appropriate right now.

Actually, given that it's Marc, we probably don't want to know what's in the bowl.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:36 PM   #804
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Actually, given that it's Marc, we probably don't want to know what's in the bowl.
that's the least you can say.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:53 PM   #805
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
My first thought on seeing the bowl was Oliver Twist -- "Please sir, I want some more".
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:58 PM   #806
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
You were banned because you were wearing them backwards!

JJ
Oh...yeah...that's right...I momentarily forgot about that little detail. Thanks for assisting me with recollection of events, Jerry [cough]Bastard![cough]

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:07 PM   #807
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

montsnmags, dear, now you haz neko-made avatar.

(And it looks better at that scale than I'd expected, actually. )
Old 07-09-2008, 08:08 PM   #808
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
~ahem~ [blushes] My beautiful and talented Neko, I shall no longer sleep until your ginger icecream I'm preparing reaches such perfection that it achieves nirvana without ever having to go through the whole sentience and samsara rigmarole. It should be enough that your genius shines so generously upon me, but that you have captured a likeness of my Primary Incarnation so attractively...dare I say it, sexily...well, my indebtedness to you knows no earthly bounds.

Quote:
In whole, such as to your left, or "select bits", such as:

...and, yes, we currently have perfect weather for galangal soup (or soup in general. Last night we had a fresh Vienna loaf with leek and potato soup for dinner), so that's what in the avatar bowl.

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by montsnmags; 07-09-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #809
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

I'm so happy you like it!

Yes, those snippets are just the sort of thing I meant. I figured you could get a lot of mileage out of the one image that way. Plus, it helps convey the ineffibility of your multifarious nature.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:23 PM   #810
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'm so happy you like it!
Thrilled, and in love, my Golden Neko (I'm trying out complimentary title-affectations for you. Tell me if you spot something you like. ). May your feline spirit pounce and play without bounds across the multiverse.

Quote:
...Plus, it helps convey the ineffibility of your multifarious nature.
Double-plus, I note that "my headlights are on", as one would expect of someone who is so relaxed about dress rules no matter what the ambient temperature.

Cheers,
Marc

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda