Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-05-2017, 07:15 AM   #136
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
For the moment I think we can say Android 2.3-7 on ARM. It looks like your tablet is Intel, which I don't think works for some reason or other (if someone would like to work toward an x86 Android build, PRs welcome).

The vast majority of problems are related to LuaJIT memory allocation. Either it can be extremely slow or it can cause crashes.

This is what KOReader does by default:
https://github.com/koreader/android-...id.lua#L19-L22

These are ways in which a user can experiment a bit on top of that, although in patch.lua it might be a touch late:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-150629399
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:29 AM   #137
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Thanks. I hadn't realised the Hudl was intel.

Haven't done any Android development for a few years and even then I only dabbled so don't hold your breath on the PRs!
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:18 AM   #138
misojogi
Enthusiast
misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS -500, Sony PRS505, Kindle3, Kindle DXG, Prestigio
Koreader canot open DJVU on Android
is there anything new?
misojogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:18 AM   #139
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I laid out a solution here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-320633152

I think it mostly just comes down to commenting out some stuff, but there's a lot of stuff.

I suggest poking @marmistrz. :P
Old 10-06-2017, 01:03 PM   #140
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So I managed to set up a build environment that can build an apk with the same behaviour (i.e. it fails on Oreo trying to load libmupdf). I shall have a play around and see if I can find out more.

Still not planning to create an intel version though. Sorry!
Old 10-06-2017, 04:28 PM   #141
Frenzie
Wizard

Awesome, thanks!

Btw, if you pull the assets/dl.lua from this file it might help give you some more output in trying to figure out what I've overlooked.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:37 PM   #142
latepaul
Wizard

Thanks for that. Helped me figure out enough to get it working for me. I've put the gory details on the github issue.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:59 AM   #143
Frenzie
Wizard

Today's nightly (v2015.11-1339-gb4bb322) should be functional on Android 8 thanks to @latepaul's testing.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:09 PM   #144
Frenzie
Wizard

Tomorrow's nightly (v2015.11-1343-something or higher, don't know yet) will finally enable DjVu rendering on Android.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader-base/pull/546
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/3358
Old 02-16-2018, 07:50 AM   #145
Heiderose
Heiderose began at the beginning.

Device: PB 623
Hi, I have KOreader v.1.4 installed on my Tolino with Android 4.0.4. It works well besides one point: I can't bookmark a page, when I open "Bookmarks" in settings there is the message "No choices available". Is there any chance that this could be changed in near future?
Heiderose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:28 AM   #146
Frenzie
Wizard

That's be a discoverability issue, although it'd make sense to be able to bookmark from there at well.

You can bookmark pages by tapping in the top right.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:21 PM   #147
Ryune
Enthusiast
Ryune began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-950, IPhone, Oasis 2
Alright guys, so I've just gotten a new galaxy note8 and installed Koreader on it, this is my first experience with Koreader and so far I like it quite a bit. But I can't get Koreader to wirelessly connect to Calibre. I had previously used Calibre Companion on my Iphone and was somewhat taken with it despite a lack of readers I found actually palatable so I got that for the android as well. CC connects to Calibre wirelessly just fine but I am somewhat confused as to how to get Koreader to do the job itself.

Is there any set up beyond just telling it to connect from the "calibre wireless connection" tab? I did set up a password on it but it never bothers to ask for one before giving me the error.

EDIT: Incidentally I have apparently just broken Koreader somehow... Joy.

EDIT2: and fixed with reinstall...

Last edited by Ryune; 02-20-2018 at 09:35 PM.
Ryune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:02 AM   #148
Frenzie
Wizard

Sorry to hear that you broke it. Would you happen to remember what you did?

PS Fixed just KOReader or the calibre thingy as well? (I don't know much about it but it worked when I last tried it a couple of months ago.)
Old 02-21-2018, 04:49 AM   #149
Ryune
Enthusiast
Ryune began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-950, IPhone, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Sorry to hear that you broke it. Would you happen to remember what you did?

PS Fixed just KOReader or the calibre thingy as well? (I don't know much about it but it worked when I last tried it a couple of months ago.)
Broke Koreader functionality in general. The only things I did was turn on night mode and turn off e-ink optimization. Given that I wasn't using an e-ink device I figured that it wasn't needed.

The issue that "broke" was that KOreader became stuck in the background after restart. Uninstalling didn't fix it nor did deleting what looks to be the settings file and old settings file. I had to uninstall, delete the folder entirely and then reinstall.

Running Android 7.1.1 and Build v2015.11-1523-g78284e1

Still wont connect to Calibre though.

EDIT: Disabling the password didn't help either.

EDIT2: also, for some reason, downloading the "stable" release from github says it is corrupt. Won't install.

Last edited by Ryune; 02-21-2018 at 05:30 AM.
Ryune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:08 AM   #150
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I often have trouble with calibre's "wireless device connection" but the calibre content server working with KOReader's OPDS "Local calibre catalog" usually works fine. Including on my Galaxy 7 active phone.

There is one thing though; for the wireless connection to work, you need to have the device's calibre plugin installed. (There is a Samsung SNE Device interface, in my calibre plugins listing but I haven't tried using that, with my phone.)

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 02-21-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote