Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-23-2017, 06:53 PM   #46
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I think two repos (both under the sigil-ebook organization) makes the most sense, myself. One for the user guide, and one for the epub framework guide. That way (like you mentioned) no one needs to jump through any special hoops (via git, or programmatically) to get the latest, zip, tar of either.

I think it makes more sense for the build documentation to stay with the Sigil repo.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:10 PM   #47
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Sounds good. We'll do that then.

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:03 PM   #48
pbw
pbw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
State of play?

Hi,

What's the state of play on this book?
pbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:12 PM   #49
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Same. You looking to help?
Old 05-17-2018, 05:04 AM   #50
kstingel
kstingel began at the beginning.

Device: iPad & UnderCover on Windows
Q1 Is Sigil_User_Guide_updated[Tex][2018.04.17].epub still the most recent version?

Q2 Do you want someone to run through and proofread? I may be able to help with the actual docs a bit later, but for now I need to catch up on recent changes.

Q3 Assuming "Yes" for Q2, where do I need to register to submit proofed pages?
kstingel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 05:08 AM   #51
kstingel

Is there a reason Tex's version has both "cover.html" and "cover_picture.html"? They appear (visually) to be exactly the same content.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:23 AM   #52
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Q1: Yes

Q2: We're more concerned with updated content (to cover new features) than we are with proofreading at this point.

Q3: There currently is no official process for submitting changes to the manual. Because of that, I would actually advise not doing much of any work on the manual until Tex's newer version gets uploaded to a github repository. Then normal pull request and patches will be accepted (if not merely cosmetic in nature).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-17-2018 at 06:28 AM.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:36 PM   #53
kstingel

Thanks DiapDealer

I have been making cosmetic changes in my local copy of Tex's book ... with the plan to update/add pages for missing stuff as I work through it

I am commenting the changes I've made, so they can be merged or ignored at a later date

If I end up creating any new pages, I can upload them to my Git server (posting links in this forum) and you can pull them down and merge them once the "Official" Git is setup
Old 05-17-2018, 08:10 PM   #54
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

There's probably going to be a bit of a moratorium on cosmetic changes (css, fonts, formatting, etc...) for a while. Nobody ever agrees on "what looks best" after all.

Updated screenshots and content/instructions/examples should be the highest priorities.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:31 AM   #55
kstingel

Not touching the layout or any of that stuff ...
just tweaked the version number (to 0.9.9) since that's what I'll be adding content for,
updated Copyright date from 2016 to 2018,
and fixed a pyto *grin*

have unpacked Tex's ePub to files so that I can Gitify any pages I edit and upload for approval ... once I have anything to approve and merge

That way (I hope) I won't clog up your histories with my interim tweaks

Once I have anything to share, would it help if I create a new thread to notify you of progress? ... Will be at least a month before I post anything for approval, busy with mundane R/L stuff at present
Old 05-18-2018, 02:52 AM   #56
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstingel View Post
Not touching the layout or any of that stuff ...
just tweaked the version number (to 0.9.9) since that's what I'll be adding content for,
updated Copyright date from 2016 to 2018,
and fixed a pyto *grin*

have unpacked Tex's ePub to files [...]
What? A pyto slipped by me? Impossible!

Looking forward to your changes.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote