Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-21-2018, 02:59 AM   #31
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sogaiu View Post
FWIW, the cables arrived and I've done some more tests for the Max 2.

Connected an ordinary unpowered hub with both a pointing device and keyboard -- so far it seems fine.

USB ethernet adapter seemed to work, though possibly slightly flaky. Need to test more and possibly with different adapters.
Could you give a link or a reference to obtain yours cables ?

Thanks.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:00 AM   #32
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: none
These aren't exactly what I got, but they look very similar:

https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Cable-S...dp/B00JCZ2FQQ/
https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Female-...dp/B00NSBVNCM/

I've been testing mostly with something that looks like the first one -- connecting power via a 5V 2.1A USB charger.

I've tried what looks like the second one via a connection to a PC's USB port but it doesn't seem to work as well.

Last edited by sogaiu; 02-21-2018 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Corrected information
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:05 AM   #33
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you Sogaiu.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:52 AM   #34
Randy11
Wizard

Physical USB keyboard + USB drive with OTG cable - firmware 1.9.1

Hello,

My equipments :
  • OTG cable
  • powered USB hub that use only has a power source
  • USB hub (my monitor with 2 USB connectors)
  • USB key voltmeter/ammeter
  • USB cable
  • USB Keyboard
  • USB drive key

The USB cable make a link between to the OTG's input and the USB hub (monitor). On the monitor the USB keyboard and the USB drive key are connected. The second part of the OTG cable is connected to the powered USB hub.

When the keyboard is detected, it is possible to configure his layout.

The keyboard is recognized in NeoReader2 but not in the application Note.

In A2 mode, the speed of refresh is adequate.

The keyboard and the USB drive key can be used together

Last edited by Randy11; 11-28-2018 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:44 PM   #35
penguinator
penguinator began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96c plus
I have tried this with a boox Max and now a boox Max 2 pro .

The boox Max just did nothing.

In the boox Max 2 it brings up dialogs at the top about a Linux USB drive but then says it is empty. In a 3rd party file manager app it shows up as USB storage but then refuses access to it.

Is there a trick I should know to get this working? Or has it just been disabled because onyx hate us?
penguinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:39 PM   #36
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinator View Post
I have tried this with a boox Max and now a boox Max 2 pro .

The boox Max just did nothing.

In the boox Max 2 it brings up dialogs at the top about a Linux USB drive but then says it is empty. In a 3rd party file manager app it shows up as USB storage but then refuses access to it.

Is there a trick I should know to get this working? Or has it just been disabled because onyx hate us?
What was your external power source?
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 12:27 PM   #37
elhnad
elhnad began at the beginning.

Device: prs t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshj View Post
GUIDE:
1. Buy a usb hub like this which supports providing external power by a 5V DC adapter.
OR
2. Modify your OTG cable to supply power from another power source to the usb device.

Short steps:
Needed: 1xOTG cable and 1xUSB cable with a Male USB port.
1. Strip a small portion of the wire covering of the OTG cable (in the middle) to expose the 4 wires within.
2. Let the data cables remain connected (green and white)
3. Cut the black and red power wires.
4. Make sure the power wires comming from the ereader side dont short together.
formatting seems off. am i reading right?
is this short steps sections supposed to go with OPTION 2
if we have OPTION 1, no further mod needed
elhnad is offline   Reply With Quote