Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 12-27-2018, 12:04 AM   #1051
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Chugging away on the Glaspell, and I *might* even get finished by New Years day!

I managed to find almost all her short stories, all the plays that were published during her lifetime (several published initially in 2010), and 5 of her 9 novels. I just yesterday got my hands on the 1931 Pulitzer winning play Alison's House.

Hey, what are the rest of you guys up to????
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:24 AM   #1052
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Unfortuately, real life has been too busy for the last few months, so I haven't been able to get any ebook stuff done at all. All the more I appreciate what folks are doing here.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:37 PM   #1053
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It does seem like a pretty good number of uploads are going on, but nobody talks about it any more.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:38 AM   #1054
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
My activity has dropped significantly, but I'm still proofreading The Book of the Thousand Nights and One Night (about half-way through the 5th book out of 13, counting the addenda), and I've recently gotten more serious about recovering the short stories of Fernández Bremón from the old newspapers where they can only be found (in Spanish, though, but a sample English translation can be found here)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 03:03 AM   #1055
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Currently working on another Louis Joseph Vance book. This contains the early adventures of Terence O'Rourke, gentleman adventurer, who features in the Library already in "The Pool of Flame". It's a bit of a struggle, as the only OCR is a pure text file with a hard return at the end of every line, and which has also ignored every "emdash" (―). Vance loves the emdash, so I'm labouring through using a quite good page scan to reinstate them (up to Ch 6 of many chapters) along with all the italics and diacritics.

Couple of days to go maybe.
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 05:28 AM   #1056
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

Gee, so few posts on this thread any more...

I am just finishing up on Kenneth Grahame's "Wind in the Willows" illustrated by Arthur Rackham. I am an old lady now, and still love this book! Any child who never read this book has been deprived of one of the best children's books ever. And anyone who reads it as an adult and says they did not enjoy, is probably lying or psychopathic.

Next will come another Rackham, Edgar Allen Poe's "Tales of Mystery and Imagination."
I am considering doing also another version of the Poe, illustrated by Harry Clarke, whose images are truly unsettling.

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 03-10-2020 at 05:32 AM.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:23 AM   #1057
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post

I am just finishing up on Kenneth Grahame's "Wind in the Willows" illustrated by Arthur Rackham. I am an old lady now, and still love this book! Any child who never read this book has been deprived of one of the best children's books ever. And anyone who reads it as an adult and says they did not enjoy, is probably lying or psychopathic.

Next will come another Rackham, Edgar Allen Poe's "Tales of Mystery and Imagination."
I am considering doing also another version of the Poe, illustrated by Harry Clarke, whose images are truly unsettling.
I look forward to Wind in the Willows. It's been a book I've been meaning to read. Thank you.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 07:57 AM   #1058
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post

So looking forward to all of this!

(I rarely post here because announcing projects make me feel obligated to finish them soonishly. I prefer tinkering for myself, and when something is finished, jus tupload it.)
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 05:25 AM   #1059
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

Welp, looks like I am going to side-track myself. Someone asked me about an OZ book, and I suddenly decided I need something a little more light-hearted than Poe right about now. So I have talked myself into doing all of the 14 illustrated first-edition OZ books by L. Frank Baum. (The sequels are by Ruth Plumley Thompson [1891-1976], so those will wait a long long time...)

There is an Oz omnibus in the library, posted by Nate the Great some years back, but with no illustrations.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:51 PM   #1060
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I've now uploaded a tidy 500 titles, although 20 or so went back offline with the change of the forum from +50 to +70.

I can social distance myself in front of the PC screen for the next couple of months, so I'll continue to jog along with more pulp fiction, and anything else that captures my fancy. So much pulp, so little time...
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 01:57 PM   #1061
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I'm still proofreading The Book of the Thousand Nights and One Night (about half-way through the 5th book out of 13, counting the addenda)
Done! See epub uploads
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote