Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The power to the SD card is supposed to shut off when not in use but perhaps that brand of card is not working or the individual card has a problem. It definitely sound like a defective brand or a defective card. Particularly since a different card works.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:08 AM   #17
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Truth is the battery indicator is poor on Jinke devices as far as I have experienced. Never had any problems with batteries on my 505 or my ex-Gen3....
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Truth is the battery indicator is poor on Jinke devices as far as I have experienced. Never had any problems with batteries on my 505 or my ex-Gen3....
The battery indicator is as bad as many automobile gasoline gauges (which are worse on irregular shaped tanks)
Battery life is up there with the best econo-cars, weeks of use per charge.

Silkraven can you have your Mom look at the "Settings | About" screen and read the Firmware Version line (Dec 2009 reads V2.02ASTAK091201 ) Just to confirm that the correct version wos on the download site when you updated.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:35 PM   #19
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Just an update for everyone.
Yes, it is version Dec 2009 reads V2.02ASTAK091201.
Still a full battery, and she is reading hours every day. So, I think it is safe to say it was the SD card. I'll mail her another SD card to try later in the week.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:42 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Just an update for everyone.
Yes, it is version Dec 2009 reads V2.02ASTAK091201.
Still a full battery, and she is reading hours every day. So, I think it is safe to say it was the SD card. I'll mail her another SD card to try later in the week.
S
Thanks for the update.

SD Card Been lucky so far.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2010, 06:10 PM   #21
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Why not call and ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
I had mom remove the SD card after charging last night, and talked her through loading books straight to the internal memory. She read for 3 hours last night. When she was through reading she went ahead and totally turned the reader off instead of keyboard lock. Battery is still full.
So, it is either the SD card, or the keyboard lock not functioning. I know the 2 GB card that came with it was used with keyboard lock with no problem. Which leads me to believe that it is the SD card. Am I thinking right on this? I looked for a thread on what specific brand of SD cards to buy, but I couldn't find one. Do the cards have to be a certain brand or class? Do higher GB cards drain the battery? I thought the Pocket Pro could use an 8 GB sdhc card. I think it is a class 2. I have a newer Transcend 8GB Class 2 SDHC card in my 6" EZ Reader and am having no problems. Could it be the age of the card? The one my mom has is about 3 years old.
It's all a mystery. I hate to have her try the card in the reader again. It can't be good for the battery to drain it like that. I'm open for any other ideas anyone has.
S
Dear Silverraven:

Let our tech support help with the SD card and its effect on the battery.

Your mom's Pocket PRO can take up to 16GB SD card. It sounds like the priblem is the card and our tech can identify problem cards.

1-866-368-8788
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #22
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Just wanted to update everyone. I mailed mom another SD card. Transcend 8gb, basically same as the original one except this one is a class 2 instead of a class 6. And, of course, the 'bad' one is older. Everything is working great! No battery discharge at all. Yeah! I'm so happy! I guess it was just a bad card. It works fine in my mp3 player, but I guess I never put it into a sleep mode, it is either on or off. I"m so thrilled it was an easy fix. If only all things in life were that easy!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:45 PM   #23
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Yea! Very glad you got it figured out, and that it was such an easy fix! And thanks for coming back to let us know how you fixed it!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote