Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 05:15 PM   #316
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Wow, the 1000MHz battery cheaper then Nokias 900MHz one? Very good news indeed!
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #317
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Huge plus for the Pocket PRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Robert, that's a huge plus for the Pocket Pro in my view.
Dear GA Russell:

Yes, I think that the user-replaceable rechargeable battery is a MAJOR reason to buy the Pocket PRO compared to a sealed-in device. The fact that the battery is easily available and so cheap adds to this major advantage!

I HOPE others will also THINK about this. It can run up to $100 to have the sealed-in battery changed by a factory... plus you will be out of luck on eading for a month or so! WHY do not more people catch onto the point that having a $100 charge tacked on to a $199 item is a major disadvantage?
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #318
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Wow is right. That would be a very fast battery! You likely mean 1000mA.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:37 PM   #319
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Wow is right. That would be a very fast battery! You likely mean 1000mA.

Dale
Hey man.. I'm listening to the Doors, dude. Chill, man...
Old 08-17-2009, 05:48 PM   #320
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
The battery in the EZ Reader Pocket PRO is an LG battery. It is the 1000mAh. It is a cinch to buy and is running $8.95 online today.
Sweet. As long as it has an easy to replace battery, that makes it good in my book.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2009, 06:19 PM   #321
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Sweet. As long as it has an easy to replace battery, that makes it good in my book.
As far as I'm concerned, having a user replacable battery is high on the desirablilty scale, and is only one of the many reasons why I bought the EZ-Reader and pre-ordered the pocket pro!
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:02 PM   #322
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Easy to replace battery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
It is still just one screw to get at the battery. The box comes with a screwdriver... but it takes a standard small Phillips Head screwdriver.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:07 PM   #323
Robertb

"And he walked on down the hall"

Quote:
The Doors are pretty deep, man!! "Riders of the Storm" is still some dark listening... but excellent!!

The battery is a 1000mAh and not a 1000MHz. Posted just to avoid confusion.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #324
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
I hope that is Vinyl your listening to them on......
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #325
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
...............sure.........
Old 08-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #326
Robertb

Note: "listening to the Doors"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Dear Musicman:

Note that Griffonwing did not say "listening to a device". I think he is listening to the "Arkansas Doors" in his garage... a group of five that forsakes musical instruments in favor of playing Post-Rap Punk Bluegrass on eBook Readers.

They are an obscure band that has managed to serve as Janitorial Services to Amazon.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #327
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Quote:
Dear Musicman:

Note that Griffonwing did not say "listening to a device". I think he is listening to the "Arkansas Doors" in his garage... a group of five that forsakes musical instruments in favor of playing Post-Rap Punk Bluegrass on eBook Readers.

They are an obscure band that has managed to serve as Janitorial Services to Amazon.
Shhhh! My cute neighbor has some friends over, and you guys keep making too much noise. *put his ear to the keyhole again...*

Oh, if only i really did have a cute neighbor....
Old 08-17-2009, 09:15 PM   #328
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
The battery in the EZ Reader Pocket PRO is an LG battery. It is the 1000mAh. It is a cinch to buy and is running $8.95 online today.
nice! Thanks. Would it be as easy to replace as a cellphone's?
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:25 PM   #329
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
waaait, since when Mhz=mAh?
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:34 PM   #330
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
I think it was just a mental error on his part.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote