Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 03:14 AM   #34411
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've always liked the Harvard song:

Fight fiercely, Harvard, fight, fight, fight
Demonstrate to them our skill
Albeit they possess the might
Nonetheless we have the will
How we shall celebrate our victory
We shall invite the whole team up for tea, how jolly
Hurl that spheroid down the field
And fight, fight, fight

Fight fiercely, Harvard, Fight, fight, fight
Impress them with our prowess, do
Oh, fellows, do not let the Crimson down
Be of stout heart and true
Come on, chaps, fight for Harvard's glorious name
Won't it be peachy if we win the game, oh, goody
Let's try not to injure them
But fight, fight, fight - Let's not be rough, though
Fight, fight, fight - And do fight fiercely
Fight, fight, fight
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:27 AM   #34412
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Fight... fight... fight....

Can't we all just get along? Maybe a Group Hug?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:45 AM   #34413
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I've finally decided which tv I want to get for my bedroom. Then yesterday I realized that the "path" between my bed and the shelves I want to put the tv on is rather narrow and I wanted to secure the tv against falling. Wall and ceiling mounts aren't an option and after searching for a stand that can be screwed down I couldn't find one for that size tv at an affordable price. Now I've decided to get some bolt with an eye that fit into the holes where you can attach a VESA mount and use a cable to secure it to the shelf above the tv. Only I can't find which size bolts I need (I'd like to have everything when I get the tv), so I emailed Samsung about it.

Didn't it used to be much easier to get a tv? I can remember my parents going to the store to see what's in stock and pick one out. Now with the internet I get all OCD and compare specs and prices and look through the manuals before deciding which tv to get.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:02 AM   #34414
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
Thanks :-) in the airport right now. Going to Singapore to visit sister and brother with family.there's an IT show tomorrow.
Sound like a good idea to get away for a while. Safe trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I've always liked the Harvard song:

Fight fiercely, Harvard, fight, fight, fight
Demonstrate to them our skill
Albeit they possess the might
Nonetheless we have the will
How we shall celebrate our victory
We shall invite the whole team up for tea, how jolly
Hurl that spheroid down the field
And fight, fight, fight

Fight fiercely, Harvard, Fight, fight, fight
Impress them with our prowess, do
Oh, fellows, do not let the Crimson down
Be of stout heart and true
Come on, chaps, fight for Harvard's glorious name
Won't it be peachy if we win the game, oh, goody
Let's try not to injure them
But fight, fight, fight - Let's not be rough, though
Fight, fight, fight - And do fight fiercely
Fight, fight, fight
Tom Lehrer! I first listened to my parents old vinyl recordings of Tom when I was in single digits, and still listen to them now (digitally). They never grow old.

Right now I'm waiting for the painkillers to kick in - must have slept in a funny position last night - my neck and back are killing me.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:18 AM   #34415
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Blleeech. Feel better.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #34416
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
We had a Disney family cat moment this morning. It's cool enough in the morning to open the deck sliding glass door to allow Stella to listen to the birds & watch the bird feeders while I eat breakfast. I looked up to see Stella & Sammy sitting side by side at the screen door - a small miracle - without any fighting/fussing. Then Goldie walks over - and all 3 are calmly sitting together [NOT touching of course] looking out. I briefly consider running for the camera, but instead decide to join them. A wonderful way to start the day!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #34417
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Permit me to state the obvious, but wouldn't a parachute be more effective?

Stitchawl
You silly, silly man. Anyway, whatever they used to slow our falls, it seems to have worked. Unless this doggie hell. And if I died in the process may I just say that it was AWESOME!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #34418
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
You silly, silly man. Anyway, whatever they used to slow our falls, it seems to have worked. Unless this doggie hell. And if I died in the process may I just say that it was AWESOME!
I'm just jealous. You get to jump out of a plane. I have to jump off a cliff. But isn't the ride fantastic! I am SOOO looking forward to October when I go back to the paragliding school and learn how to go UP not just ride down. I want to stay aloft for hours just listening to the quiet...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #34419
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK - I admit it - I'm an idiot when it comes to cats. I love to play games with my cats - sometimes in spite of what they want!

So today I got a small cardboard box in the mail - and ALL empty boxes of whatever size have to be placed on the kitchen floor as a new "toy". Tonight I went into the kitchen and almost tripped over said box - when I went to move it I found it was quite heavy - filled with Stella (and I do mean filled!). Rather than picking it up, I slid it over the linoleum floor out of my way. She loved it! So then we played a fun new game called "Let's slide Stella-in-the-box around the kitchen" at top speed! She stayed put -watching the furniture stream by! When I would stop moving the box, she would stick her head out and twist it like an owl trying to re-orient herself. I won't tell you how long we played this! I'm tired now. Stella wants to play some more!
Old 09-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #34420
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Sounds like a great game.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #34421
Spock96
Book Geek.
Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Nothing Haha.
Spock96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #34422
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I'm just jealous. You get to jump out of a plane. I have to jump off a cliff. But isn't the ride fantastic! I am SOOO looking forward to October when I go back to the paragliding school and learn how to go UP not just ride down. I want to stay aloft for hours just listening to the quiet...

Stitchawl
That would be so cool. I can only imagine that I would make some stupid and irreversible mistake like dipping a "wing" just a little too far and my doughnut eating days would be over. You'll take a head cam and post a video, yes?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #34423
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Trying to decide which Crocs to order. I know they look horrible but they're so comfy and ideal and quick to put on when my father needs some extra help in the store for a little while.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #34424
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Trying to decide which Crocs to order. I know they look horrible but they're so comfy and ideal and quick to put on when my father needs some extra help in the store for a little while.
I love crocs - the are beautiful! Just bought a new pair last week, my 5th if memory serves me correctly. I wear them almost all the time, apart from work.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #34425
poohbear_nc
Now what?

We just narrowly averted a tragedy - in more than one sense. Our new neighbor has 2 cats - one of which is a "goodwill ambassador" type - he visits us every day, hangs out on our deck and stairs, and is quite friendly. Today he was in the driveway when we came home from the grocery store, and watched us carry bags up the stairs - trying to sneak into the house.

Several hours later, we went out to fill the bird feeders and heard a faint meow. You guessed it! He was locked inside the car and had been sitting on the passenger seat (as shown by his muddy paw prints) waiting for someone to let him out! I'm so glad we decided to fill the feeders, or he could have spent the night there!
Poor baby!

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?