Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
pjdfred
pjdfred began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Help! Lost my stylus!

Only a week or two after they *finally* got stylus annotations working well, and I've lost my stylus. I've tried two wacom-compatible styli - from a Bamboo tablet and from an old iRex DR1000S - and they don't work at all, so I'm not sure I want to try each of the inductive styluses on the market, one at a time at $20-$30 a pop, until I find one that works.

Any help in finding a source would be greatly appreciated.
pjdfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
ouch! here is what Charlie "Dulin's" wrote to me a while back when I asked him about it:
Quote:
Basically what you are looking for is any "Penabled" Wacom Stylus. That would include any Stylus that was/is compatible with the Irex Brand readers as well.

Wacom sells them here https://direct.wacom.com/stores/5/Other_Parts_C159.cfm although from the last time I looked it seems they have updated their site and not got everything back up there yet.

Most "Tablet PC" pens will work because they used the same "Penabled" wacom product. I know that Irex users for instance were also using the Toshiba Pen

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Stylus.../dp/B000F6OJHE

and the ThinkPad pen

http://www.amazon.com/Thinkpad-Table...8563938&sr=1-5

You wont be able to use the button to switch to eraser mode or for "right click" as with those tablets but you do get a more pen-like feel.
good luck!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I took my 902 apart recently and saw a place inside the case for a stylus (next to the power button, where the back panel extends in a circle into the silver trim). I'm not sure why they never opened that up for the 903 devices (maybe the 603 didn't have room?).
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

but indeed there is a snug slot for the stylus - as for the 360 cover, is very well made, in the sense that it is a perfect fit. I guess the problem is when you are taking notes, forget to put it back when goign to make tea, then you make a phone call, then you forget... at least this is for me, I "lost" the stylus many a times, but in the end it always shows up under some papers
Lucky so far, I guess!
Old 03-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
but indeed there is a snug slot for the stylus
Whoops! I guess I was wrong. Thanks for pointing that out. My addled brain must have got confused by the fact that my PRS-T1 doesn't have a slot for its stylus.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2012, 05:11 AM   #6
paola
Wizard

I have to say that, at least as far as 360 and 903 go, design is erally good - I still marvel at seeing the 360 cover fitting just perfectly on and off every single time, with not one bit of deterioration in a year (and quite a few knowcks, I have to say). Hope they keep it up with the 622, indeed I would not mind a 922...
Old 03-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #7
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
i've just seen this link posted elsewhere http://www.icarusreader.com/store/ac...w-all-products . it appears Icarus are selling 3 styles of pen that shoudl work with PocketBook. Check with them first to ensure it does work with PocketBook '03/'12 devices
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #8
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
I got an email request on the same topic, about lost stylus for PB903, and, to my regret, have deleted the email string. I'm sorry for that, as I found the stylus, you can buy it from our website for only $15 (plus a buck or two for shipping). I haven't set it up as a product yet, but if someone needs a stylus, drop a line to my email, please: info@eraedersmarket.com
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
pjdfred

I ordered a standard penabled Wacom stylus from Amazon (this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details) and I can verify that it doesn't work - you can occasionally get a response if you lay it on its side on the screen and slide it around, but it's not at all useful. Time to test Amazon's fabled return policies...

However, Tatiana Zagorovski at ereaders-plus.com kindly put me in touch with the Pocketbook USA service people (Bill, service@pocketbook-usa.com) and they're sending me a proper replacement for $15 and a few bucks shipping.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #10
pjdfred

@yar-pocketbooker - That was me, I think.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #11
pjdfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
i've just seen this link posted elsewhere http://www.icarusreader.com/store/ac...w-all-products
One of them is the same one I ordered from Amazon, so although it works on everything else Wacom-like, it won't work on a PB 903.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #12
pjdfred

Thank you, Tatiana and Bill

at ereaders-plus.com and service@pocketbook-usa.com.

I'm happily note-taking once again. (and a hint for anyone else who loses their stylus - while it's missing, make sure to plug the slot with something - I used part of a chopstick - so it turns off the tablet power and doesn't drain the battery constantly)

Tags
stylus pb903