Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-12-2007, 12:07 PM   #1
Zevs
Book lover!!
Zevs doesn't litterZevs doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader 505; Nowadays Stanza, Kindle, Txtr and Bluefire on iPhone
Any human beeings at Connect bookstore ?

Hi!

I had a problem with downloading a book from the Connect bookstore last week, kept giving me error messages. I bought a few other books at the time and they all downloaded OK. So wrote to Connect about this and got an automatic response from them that they would answer within one business day. That was last Friday and then today I got another automatic message from them saying that since I hadn't answered their automatic mail promising support within a business day they considered my problem solved! What is going on, are there any human beings at Connect or just machines ? When I had a problem some time ago with the new update of the Connect software, they even didn't bother to reply at all. If that is how Sony treat their loyal customers, how can they expect us to keep staying loyal!

Zevs
Zevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:15 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Sounds like one of their programmers missed setting a variable correctly to handle week-ends as "not business days."

I think there's a phone number somewhere, I'd give them a call -- they're usually very helpful on the phone.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2007, 12:25 PM   #3
Zevs
Book lover!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Sounds like one of their programmers missed setting a variable correctly to handle week-ends as "not business days."

I think there's a phone number somewhere, I'd give them a call -- they're usually very helpful on the phone.
Thanks, if anyone has a phone number to call that would be great!

Zevs
Old 11-12-2007, 01:08 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

http://ebooks.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/e...i=&p_topview=1
Old 11-12-2007, 01:51 PM   #5
Zevs
Book lover!!

Hi again!

Well now I did get a real answer, and got my money refunded. So no problems anymore!

Zevs
Advert
Old 11-12-2007, 01:56 PM   #6
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
I had a brief email exchange with them last week over some formatting problems with a book I bought (stupid RosettaBooks, miserable quality). While I did get an alarming number of odd robotic automatic emails, I found that the online problem tracking site was pretty helpful in telling me where my problem stood with their staff. You may be able to go there and add a response, thereby reopening your ticket. Good luck!
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:07 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevs View Post
Hi again!

Well now I did get a real answer, and got my money refunded. So no problems anymore!

Zevs
Excellent news, Zevs, glad they got you fixed up.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:30 PM   #8
monkeywrench
Connoisseur
monkeywrench began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Kindle Keyboard
I have sent in quite a few support requests mainly to address pricing or feature requests/fixes within the connect store. I have never had them respond in the promised one business day but I have always gotten a human reply.

Most of the times that I have contacted them they have said things like "the publisher sets the price" or that they don't consider the bug that I reported a bug. The funny thing about this is that each time I have got one of these replies they have fixed the "bug" or adjusted the price within a 48 hour period. Because of this I am very verbose about what I expect to have done and don't worry too much about their reply as they have always been good about fixing it.

In a couple of instances they have asked me to call them and they have been very helpful.

With all of the above being said I think that Sony is listening but I do agree that they could improve their service and be better about taking ownership of issues and following up when they fix things quickly.
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote