Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-27-2013, 04:36 AM   #1
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
W3C: at-rule namespace not implemented

At the end of editing a book with Sigil, I like to validate epubs with W3C also. There often appears the error: "Sorry, the at-rule @namespace is not
implemented."

On the top of my css appears: @namespace h "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml.

The books are readable, but I would like a correctly formed epub. Only that I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Someone can tell me what I have to do, please?
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:54 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Remove the @namespace. It should not be necessary.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Whee! That worked: "No error found". Thanks!
Old 10-10-2016, 01:50 PM   #4
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Remove the @namespace. It should not be necessary.
Hey Toxaris. I ran into the same issue. (screenshot 193). Being a non-techie, so that just means I should remove just
Code:
@namespace
from the stylesheet? (screenshot 194)

And maybe, what purpose did it serve?

Thanks.

Actually I just tested it and it wanted me to remove:

Code:
@namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
And then it showed the epub passed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_193.png
Views:	223
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	152277   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_194.png
Views:	199
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	152278  

Last edited by Gregg Bell; 10-10-2016 at 02:04 PM. Reason: tested something
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:24 AM   #5
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
@Gregg Bell:

AFAIK, CSS namespace declarations are a CSS3-only feature and will always generate W3C error messages if the selected Stylesheet Validation Level is CSS Level 2.1.

You could theoretically change the CSS level via Edit > Preferences > Settings > General Settings, and if you change the value to CSS Level 3, the W3C validator will no longer display a namespace error message. However, selecting CSS Level 3 isn't recommended for epub2 book stylesheets, because the epub2 standard was based on CSS Level 2.1 and some older epub engines might not support CSS3-only elements.

Therefore it's better to simply delete CSS namespace declarations in epub2 books, unless the (X)HTML files contain non-standard namespace declarations.

AFAIK, CSS namespace declarations are only required for epub3 book stylesheets and only if you want to select elements with epub:type attributes.

For example the following stylesheet code:

Code:
@namespace epub "http://www.idpf.org/2007/ops";

*[epub|type='pagebreak'] { display: none; }
will hide epub3 page number targets formatted as:

Code:
<span epub:type="pagebreak" id="page1">1</span>

Last edited by Doitsu; 10-12-2016 at 01:48 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:46 AM   #6
Leonatus
Wizard

@Doitsu
Thank you for this explanation! I have always been wondering what the namespace declaration should be good for.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:43 PM   #7
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
@Gregg Bell:

AFAIK, CSS namespace declarations are a CSS3-only feature and will always generate W3C error messages if the selected Stylesheet Validation Level is CSS Level 2.1.

You could theoretically change the CSS level via Edit > Preferences > Settings > General Settings, and if you change the value to CSS Level 3, the W3C validator will no longer display a namespace error message. However, selecting CSS Level 3 isn't recommended for epub2 book stylesheets, because the epub2 standard was based on CSS Level 2.1 and some older epub engines might not support CSS3-only elements.

Therefore it's better to simply delete CSS namespace declarations in epub2 books, unless the (X)HTML files contain non-standard namespace declarations.

AFAIK, CSS namespace declarations are only required for epub3 book stylesheets and only if you want select elements with epub:type attributes.

For example the following stylesheet code:

Code:
@namespace epub "http://www.idpf.org/2007/ops";

*[epub|type='pagebreak'] { display: none; }
will hide epub3 page number targets formatted as:

Code:
<span epub:type="pagebreak" id="page1">1</span>
Thanks Doitsu. Yeah, I don't want to mess with the preferences so I'll just delete the namespace. But I do need to delete the below:

Code:
correct?

Not just:

Code:
@namespace
correct?
Old 10-12-2016, 01:35 AM   #8
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Thanks Doitsu. Yeah, I don't want to mess with the preferences so I'll just delete the namespace. But I do need to delete the below:

Code:
correct?
Yes, you'll need to delete the complete line.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:24 PM   #9
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Yes, you'll need to delete the complete line.
Thanks Doitsu. Appreciate it.