Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-09-2020, 07:39 AM   #1
Mohrwyn
Mohrwyn began at the beginning.

Device: none
Help choosing a cover

Hi there,

I've finished my third crime novel and made a cover for it. Well... several covers actually, due to comments of family members .

Now I'm facing the problem that I've got to make a choice at some point. I hope you can help me out by entering your favorite.

Even though this book stands alone, I'd like to maintain a cover in style to the first two.

I've made a poll with Google form. It's Dutch, but the text is not really necessary. It starts with the images of my first two books and follows with 5 choices.

The images of the choices are small, sadly, but if you want, you can see bigger images on my Facebookpage: Maritsboeken. See the folder named "Covers voor Vermoorde Onschuld".

Who will help me out? Make your choice!
for your opinion
Mohrwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:52 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I went with the last because the others seemed too 'busy'
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 03:33 PM   #3
Mohrwyn

Thank you for your help! It's most appreciated!
Old 04-09-2020, 04:29 PM   #4
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
I'm with theducks - I like the last one as well.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:44 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I voted I think the second one. The last one doesn't work becaue the strip that has the title and autho on the first two books look plain. The last one looks like it has a curved line in it. IT doesn;t match the format of the other two books. Any of the covers that have that really need to be scrapped from the poll as they don't work because they don't match the first two covers well enough.

Last edited by JSWolf; 04-09-2020 at 04:47 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 04:37 AM   #6
Mohrwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by skb View Post
I'm with theducks - I like the last one as well.
Thank you for your vote!
Old 04-10-2020, 04:40 AM   #7
Mohrwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
... Any of the covers that have that really need to be scrapped from the poll as they don't work because they don't match the first two covers well enough.
Deep inside I have to agree with you. Those were the first tries and I still love them, but you're right, they don't match the other two.

Thank you for your vote and you're explanation
Old 04-10-2020, 06:13 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrwyn View Post
Deep inside I have to agree with you. Those were the first tries and I still love them, but you're right, they don't match the other two.

Thank you for your vote and you're explanation
Happy to help.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 01:33 PM   #9
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
The second
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover design, opinion