Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-19-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
maggieb5555
maggieb5555 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO, Aluratek Libre
Question Please help a newbie!

H ithere, Just want to thank everyone on here...it helped me decide to buy my Aluratek Libre which i love!...(loved)

Last night I was downloading some music to it..not really paying much attention, and suddenly Adobe Digital editions asked me to authorize my PC again..thought it was odd but whatever......now NONE of my purchased books or library books will copy to my libre..when I slide them over it says I do not have permission to copy!!!!

Any help greatfully accepted!! I have tried uninstalling both Sony ereader software (where I bought books) uninstalling ADE, resetting Libre..all to no avail..I am desperate!

Thanks you so much for any help!

Maggie
maggieb5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
valcho
Enthusiast
valcho is on a distinguished road

Device: JetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggieb5555 View Post
H ithere, Just want to thank everyone on here...it helped me decide to buy my Aluratek Libre which i love!...(loved)

Last night I was downloading some music to it..not really paying much attention, and suddenly Adobe Digital editions asked me to authorize my PC again..thought it was odd but whatever......now NONE of my purchased books or library books will copy to my libre..when I slide them over it says I do not have permission to copy!!!!

Any help greatfully accepted!! I have tried uninstalling both Sony ereader software (where I bought books) uninstalling ADE, resetting Libre..all to no avail..I am desperate!

Thanks you so much for any help!

Maggie
Hi,

I don't have Libre but just an idea ...
Where did you download the music to ? Device memory or SD card? If you did this to the device memory, maybe you just filled all of the available memory ...
valcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2010, 03:51 PM   #3
maggieb5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by valcho View Post
Hi,

I don't have Libre but just an idea ...
Where did you download the music to ? Device memory or SD card? If you did this to the device memory, maybe you just filled all of the available memory ...
Thankyou for suggestion..I thought of that and even deleted all music..still same
problem...
Old 04-19-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
asperger
Enthusiast
asperger began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Join the adobe forums and look for others with the same problem.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/ad...gital_editions
asperger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:16 PM   #5
maggieb5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by asperger View Post
Join the adobe forums and look for others with the same problem.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/ad...gital_editions
OMG!! That is exactly what I didn't want to see..my problem is it won't activate my reader..I get an error message when I try to authorize my reader....it says too many activations...many, many have this problem! I have until tomorrow to return this reader..are thre less roblems ith ADE and other readers?

This is so upsetting......and frustrating! I have put it in a case with Adobe but meanwhile no reading tonight!
Advert
Old 04-20-2010, 04:24 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Maggie. I hope someone here -- more expert than I am -- can help. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:40 AM   #7
asperger
Enthusiast
asperger began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre
"I have until tomorrow to return this reader..are there less problems with ADE and other readers?"

Product activation, or digital rights management 'activation', management of those activation keys, associating keys with email addresses, etc.. etc.. seems to me to be an adobe problem, more than a device specific problem.

In your case it was not the device that caused the problem with activation, it was your rights management as controlled by adobe. The countless other individuals over at http://forums.adobe.com/community/ad...gital_editions will, and apparently have already, pointed you to the correct procedure to resolve your experience with this widespread problem.

Unlike digital rights management, over which you have no control of what-so-ever, returning the device is something that you yourself are in complete control of ( at least for the next day ).
asperger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #8
maggieb5555

Wow..this is nothing like owning a book is it? Can't lend it..can even access right now...sigh...thanks for all the info..I was really enjoying this reading on a device until now..however I will keep my fingers crossed that someone at Adobe can straighten this out.....

This site is great! I had no idea how complicated it can be tho', owning a reader, NOT the site...

Last edited by maggieb5555; 04-20-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:13 PM   #9
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
Owning the reader is easy, it's all the confounded DRM that's the complicated part. First thing I do is strip that stuff off, then I can read it whenever, and on whatever I want...

There's a thread or 2 on the forums here that discuss DRM Removal. If you can still open the book in your Digital Editions on your PC, then you can quite possibly remove that nasty DRM and be able to read without problems.
heffe2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:41 PM   #10
maggieb5555

I can open the books in ADE but can only read it on my PC.....
Old 04-24-2010, 08:41 PM   #11
deh5241
deh5241 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Did you ever get your problem fixed? Unfortunately, I have the same problem. although my reader is a Bebook Neo. It has happened twice to me - the first time I was able to fix it myself by using Ctrl-Shift-D while I was in ADE. That worked for about a week, and then out the clear blue I couldn't open my books anymore - message too many activations. I have had the Neo for about 1 or 2 months, and I have opened a case with Adobe and also e-mailed Bebook. I am ready to see if it is possible to send Neo back and get my money returned...which is a shame, because I love Neo, but I can't put up with this kind of aggravation. Am curious to know if you returned it, or got it fixed...and if it is fixed, how you got it fixed.
deh5241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:01 PM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by deh5241 View Post
Did you ever get your problem fixed? Unfortunately, I have the same problem. although my reader is a Bebook Neo. It has happened twice to me - the first time I was able to fix it myself by using Ctrl-Shift-D while I was in ADE. That worked for about a week, and then out the clear blue I couldn't open my books anymore - message too many activations. I have had the Neo for about 1 or 2 months, and I have opened a case with Adobe and also e-mailed Bebook. I am ready to see if it is possible to send Neo back and get my money returned...which is a shame, because I love Neo, but I can't put up with this kind of aggravation. Am curious to know if you returned it, or got it fixed...and if it is fixed, how you got it fixed.
You might want to go to this thread and see if Jim Lester (of Adobe) might be able to help you out. See post #3.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:37 PM   #13
maggieb5555

I did get a reply from Adobe and they say the to many activations problem is fixed but right now I haven't tried it yet. I am hoping to hear from Jim maybe so I don't screw it up. I am not sure if I should reinstall ADR first or what....will let you know outome....I sure hope I kept it now and it works....
Old 04-24-2010, 11:25 PM   #14
maggieb5555

IT WORKED!!! Okay, I had read somewhere when I was looking for answers that sometimes if you set up another user on your PC and install there it might help issues with Adobe Digital..I did that a few days ago but didn't work

Todnight when I opened ADR as my normal user name it showed I was already authorized whereas i thought when they reset my activations it should be asking me to authorize so I went ...HMMM..I logged off , went to other user opened ADR, it asked computer to be authorized and voila it worked! It is a pain to have to switch users but for now I am very happy...if I knew how many times I could authorize I might try other user name but I don't want to mess with it!

Good luck and I guess I am keeping my Aluratek!

Okay..I got brave, tried it on my normal logon user name and it worked!!! Yipee!!!

Last edited by maggieb5555; 04-24-2010 at 11:27 PM. Reason: added info
Old 04-27-2010, 12:39 AM   #15
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
It looks like they (Adobe) had a problem with loosing peoples old keys that where created with older accounts. (Ok may be they didn't loose the keys but the criteria for creating the keys changed since purchase). There were several mentions of clients requesting if they can access older versions of ADE server so as to reactivate some of their older purchases. Apparently this is not possible.

That said - how long can one expect access to their purchased items under ADE's DRM ePub especially since we live in a dynamic world where support can make changes that the client may not be aware of for ages.

I occasionally go back a re-read books that I really enjoyed. It should not matter how far in the past they were purchased. This sounds like a good argument for removing DRM right after the purchase so as to free the purchase from this possible limitation.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote