Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-06-2023, 11:56 AM   #1
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
[GUI Plugin] Extract People & Other Metadata

[GUI Plugin] Extract People & Other Metadata

Summary: EPOM uses your personally-constructed 'Python Regular Expressions' to search the text of an ebook and extract metadata from it.

Documentation: The EPOM 'User Guide' is comprised of all of its ToolTips plus any images and related files attached below.

Requires Minimum Calibre Version: 6.11.0

Other Useful Calibre Plugins to Consider:
  • [GUI Plugin] CalibreSpy
  • [GUI Plugin] View Manager

Version History:

Spoiler:

Version 1.0.0 - 2023-01-06 Initial release.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	epom_overview_page1.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	198846   Click image for larger version

Name:	epom_overview_page2.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	198847  
Attached Files
File Type: zip extract_people_other_metadata.zip (48.2 KB, 21545 views)

Last edited by DaltonST; 01-07-2023 at 11:18 AM.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 11:57 AM   #2
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
For Future Use

For Future Use
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2023, 08:02 AM   #3
arpeggioaccele
light mode user
arpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: I use the Calibre ebook-viewer on macos and Apple Books on ios.
Great plugin!

I installed Extract People & Other Metadata through calibre user plugins and used it to extract Ao3 links from the epubs I downloaded, though I'm not sure if I did it the best way. (I have been intentionally avoiding fanficfare) Thought it would be good to share if anyone else needed my janky solution.

I couldn't figure out how to remove a set string at the beginning and end of the text so here's the solution I made.

I made a custom column named link.
I set up three #link custom column extractors:
To identify work links I used the keyword "Posted originally on the.+$" I wanted to make I got the right link, sometimes there are other work links in the file.
I filtered the result to just the work id number and s/ "s\/\d+"
Then I in tweaks I added
Code:
REMOVE_CHARACTERS=.<>[]()
CALIBRE_TEMPLATE_LANGUAGE_BUILTIN=re(1, 'Posted originally on the Archive of Our Own at ', '')
CALIBRE_TEMPLATE_LANGUAGE_BUILTIN=re(1, 'Posted originally on the Archive of Our Ownhttp://archiveofourownorg/ at ', '')
CALIBRE_TEMPLATE_LANGUAGE_BUILTIN=re(1, 's/','http://archiveofourown.org/works/')
which removes the extraneous period and original keyword and adds back the website url after by replacing the /s. When you don't have a fulltext index, the raw html needs to be filtered differently.

To identify series links it was easier just assume there was only one and use the keyword "http:\/\/archiveofourown.org\/series\/.+$"
There was no period after to remove, but I filtered for the properly formatted url just in case.
I only turned this extractor on for works I combined with epubmerge.

For fanfiction.net works that I downloaded with ficlab I used the keyword "based on content retrieved from.+$"
I filtered for the story id and s/ "s\/\d+"
I replaced s/ with the website url after removing extraneous characters.
Code:
REMOVE_CHARACTERS=.
CALIBRE_TEMPLATE_LANGUAGE_BUILTIN=re(1, 'based on content retrieved from ', '')
CALIBRE_TEMPLATE_LANGUAGE_BUILTIN=re(1, 's/', 'https://www.fanfiction.net/s/')
And now I have a link in book details that I cannot click as a link. I probably should have made it an identifier or something lol, but it works for my purpose of exporting to a spreadsheet.
arpeggioaccele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 04:57 PM   #4
arpeggioaccele
light mode user
arpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: I use the Calibre ebook-viewer on macos and Apple Books on ios.
I now realize this can be done through fanficfare or mass search and replace to find urls in books grab metadata, and it correctly make the url an identifier... oops.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ntifiers+links
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...nk#post4320727
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ntifiers+links
arpeggioaccele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 10:39 PM   #5
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
I wish I had tried this amazing plugin before using the Job Spy similar tool!
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2024, 12:09 AM   #6
danmeian
danmeian began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 11
This is an awesome tool. Is there a way to bulk extract info from multiple ebooks, instead of doing one at a time?
If it's necessary to do 1 at a time, is there a way to avoid the result screen popping up (where it shows the updated book, and you need to click back to the home screen, then do another search to get to where you originally was)?
Thank you!
danmeian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 02:26 PM   #7
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
edit: it's ok now

Last edited by Comfy.n; 03-11-2024 at 03:31 PM.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote