Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-20-2019, 04:02 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Portable Installation -- Path Length Limit 59 chars

I am on Windows 7, just tried to install the Portable version (3.48) , and got error message that the Path Length was limited to 59 characters.
So I shortened the path, and was successful.

This path failed, with 62 characters:
C:\Users\xxxxx.xxxxxxx\Documents\__PDQ\UTILS\Calib re Portable

This path succeeded, with 55 characters
C:\Users\xxxxx.xxxxxxx\Documents\__PDQ\Calibre Portable

BUT -- this limit is surely in error, isn't it? I thought the limit used to be 260 characters in older versions of Windows, and had increased to many thousands by now.

Any clue what might have happened here?
I've never had this happen before, and would like to avoid in future.

Thanks for any input!
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 04:36 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No the limit is correct. Remember that inside the portable folder has to be the actual calibre library which requires its own amount of filename length. And no the windows path length limit on windows 7 is still 255 chars.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2019, 04:54 AM   #3
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Thank you so much for reply, and clarifying.

I had earlier portable version set under a longer path, but I must have manually changed the path name after using the installer (senior moment --- memory fades!)
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote