Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-01-2022, 10:08 PM   #1
StephenQueen
Enthusiast
StephenQueen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T2
What do you listen when reading?

Hi all, I'm one of those who likes to listen some background music while reading.
I'm looking for any new style/instrument/song or what else, that don't distracts me when reading. Video game soundtracks and some exotic instruments have demonstrated to be effective, I'm trying to expand and/or replace my reading music library.

Here you are what I'm currently listening (some of them), all tracks might be played trough Souncloud/spottify or legally downloaded as mp3.
I would appreciate any further recommendation.

List 1 List 2 List 3 List 4

Each list shares its songs with others but they are classified in a different way.
I don't play all all of them for reading, but they were downloaded for that reasson
StephenQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 03:32 PM   #2
ianthe06
ianthe06 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianthe06 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianthe06 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianthe06 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianthe06 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianthe06 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianthe06 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianthe06 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianthe06 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianthe06 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianthe06 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenQueen View Post
Hi StephenQueen, the first 3 links do not work; Soundcloud says "Oh no...".

I sometimes like to listen to some music while reading. Mostly I just go to Spotify and choose one of the concentration and reading playlists. Sometimes I specifically pick something classical or jazzy, but I don't have the reading playlist.

It definitively has to be something instrumental or in a language very foreign to me.
ianthe06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2022, 05:45 PM   #3
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Silence, I have nothing playing when I'm reading. If any music that has lyrics is playing, I can't shut it out. Even instrumental without the lyrics...I can't tune it out. When I read, it's a solo act.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 10:54 PM   #4
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Same as @Deskisamess. When I read I often run a fan to drown out background noise. If that isn’t enough, then I will have my Echo Plus 2 play white noise. Music would be too much of a distraction.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 05:34 AM   #5
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I used to be able to read whilst listening to music, as long as I knew the music really well the lyrics wouldn't distract me from reading. But I can't do that anymore.

If I listen to music it's classical, usually Classic FM UK.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2022, 02:10 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Music? When I'm reading, I tend to block out the world.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 05:02 PM   #7
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The endless barking from the PITA dog next door.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 05:47 PM   #8
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Classical music. I like the Bach Guild Big Box digital albums at Amazon that are a buck for six hours or more of music.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 03:27 PM   #9
Iridescent
Iridescent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridescent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridescent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridescent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridescent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridescent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridescent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridescent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridescent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridescent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridescent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm quite impressed that there are people that can do both! I don't think I could listen to music and read a book at the same time xD
Iridescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 04:24 PM   #10
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The cat purring and the dog snoring. No music, too distracting. Oh, and of course the utter trash living downstairs shouting at their kids for hours each day!
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 01:41 PM   #11
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I used to be able to read whilst listening to music, as long as I knew the music really well the lyrics wouldn't distract me from reading. But I can't do that anymore.

If I listen to music it's classical, usually Classic FM UK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Classical music. I like the Bach Guild Big Box digital albums at Amazon that are a buck for six hours or more of music.
I don't usually have music on while reading, but if I do it would be quiet instrumental classical music (not something loud like the 1812 or William Tell overtures!).

I think music with lyrics would be distracting.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 07:02 AM   #12
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Nothing. I want silence when I'm reading, and actually otherwise as well. Can't stand any background noise, at any time. Unless it's one of my cats purring.

I live in an apartment house in a city, and that means it never is totally silent. Luckily all my neighbors are pretty quiet these days.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 03:23 PM   #13
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Nothing. I want silence when I'm reading, and actually otherwise as well. Can't stand any background noise, at any time. Unless it's one of my cats purring.

I live in an apartment house in a city, and that means it never is totally silent. Luckily all my neighbors are pretty quiet these days.
I hate that background music seems to be everywhere these days. It's constant in most TV shows. Even nature documentaries will sometimes have music in the background when I'd rather just hear the background nature sounds.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 03:29 PM   #14
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I hate that background music seems to be everywhere these days. It's constant in most TV shows. Even nature documentaries will sometimes have music in the background when I'd rather just hear the background nature sounds.
Yep. It's a problem. We did find a setting for the tv that helps a bit, but with some shows, the music drowns out the dialogue. I think it was the show Cake Boss that I stopped watching because of the background music. Competition shows are the worst.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 04:52 PM   #15
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianthe06 View Post

It definitively has to be something instrumental or in a language very foreign to me.
I used to enjoy listening to songs in a non-L1 language I understood while reading in my L1 English, but these days it's 90% silence, 10% classical - mostly Mozart or Beethoven.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote