Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM   #226
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I just tried again. I'm finding it impossible to guarantee bringing up the menu.

Anything you can suggest to avoid those moments, of which I'm anticipating many if it's a Qt thing?
3.99.5 on Win 10 1809 works for me with 10 tabs open. How many tabs are open when it doesn't work.

I never knew the feature existed, when I want a 'clean slate' I hold ctrl+w down until they're all gone

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM   #227
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kobo: Aura6", H2O, GloHD, KA1, ClaraHD, Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
3.99.5 on Win 10 1809 works for me with 10 tabs open. How many tabs are open when it doesn't work.

I never knew the feature existed, when I want a 'clean slate' I hold ctrl+w down until they're all gone
I'm on Win 10 Home 1903. When I first noticed the problem I probably had about 20+ tabs open and couldn't figure out why the context menu wasn't coming up. Because I had so many open I didn't initially realise I was actually deleting tabs.

When I retested I tried with just a few tabs open, 3-4. It didn't make any difference to my problem. I still haven't figured out if there's a magic tab area where I'll always trigger the menu. It's as if the right-click auto-triggers option 1 on the context menu.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM   #228
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm on Win 10 Home 1903. When I first noticed the problem I probably had about 20+ tabs open and couldn't figure out why the context menu wasn't coming up. Because I had so many open I didn't initially realise I was actually deleting tabs.

When I retested I tried with just a few tabs open, 3-4. It didn't make any difference to my problem. I still haven't figured out if there's a magic tab area where I'll always trigger the menu. It's as if the right-click auto-triggers option 1 on the context menu.
I think I have it - if I press the right button for a very short length of time (i.e. a light momentary tap) it deletes the tab, if I hold the right button down for a bit I get the menu.

Right click context menu's normally 'pop' when the button is released - the one in question seems to be popping when a the button is held down.

Try press-and-hold the right button down in the message box here - you won't get the popup menu until you release the button. When I used to write windows stuff in 'C++' with the WTL libraries there was a separate event for mouse button down and mouse button up and maybe mouse button hold.

Middle click also deletes current tab.

I'll stick to hold Ctrl+W until there all gone.

BR
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM   #229
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kobo: Aura6", H2O, GloHD, KA1, ClaraHD, Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I think I have it - if I press the right button for a very short length of time (i.e. a light momentary tap) it deletes the tab, if I hold the right button down for a bit I get the menu.
Well played, BR! right-click-hold should do the trick.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM   #230
rashkae
Guru
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
jackie_w, it might be worth trying a new mouse.. This sorta sounds to me like the extra fanthom clicks you can get when mice clickers wear out.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:36 AM   #231
BetterRed
null operator

Quote:
Well played, BR! right-click-hold should do the trick.
I just tested it on 3.47.1 and 2.85, seems to be the same everywhere, all right click context menus in calibre pop on a long press (I think that's the term). Everything else I tried (Windows, xplorer², notepad++, Chrome, Sigil, Falkon) pop on button up - Sigil and Falkon use Qt. Interesting.

BR