Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-19-2022, 05:28 AM   #1
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Problems with Umlaute in authors

I have a problem with the german Umlaute.

Both entries look exactly the same but they are different. The formatting of the second entry is strange.

When I edit the author's name by deleting letter by letter from the end I get Schrö-->Schro and not Schrö-->Schr

Anybody any idea?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_uDfV5E2VAR.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	191690  
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 05:31 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
One will be in the normalized form and one in the composed form and one in the decomposed unicode normal form. Do you know where the two authro names came from? calibre usually normalizes metadata it reads from most sources. Did you download it? type it? get it from a file?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 06:33 AM   #3
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Downloaded from metadata edit.

Could it be the DNB metadata plugin, which I have only recently. I don't think the problem occurred before, although memories are always deceptive and I haven't worked with calibre for a year.

edit: just right now I had the same problem with Carlos Ruiz Zafón

Last edited by Wiggo; 01-19-2022 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-25-2022, 11:50 AM   #4
Wiggo
Leftutti

Problem solved, DNB metadata plugin has been updated