Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-20-2020, 02:29 AM   #1
pandaeye
pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: none
Better ways to send plain text to kindle other than email?

Hello, I just bought my first ever Kindle, which is a PW4. I do not often buy books but I would like to use the Kindle to read big chunk of text on websites which is more comfortable in eInk than computer screen.

I know and I have tested the email to Kindle feature, which I can send specific format of files to amazon and it will convert to a format readable by kindle. This solves most of my problem.

But I also want to easily pass the stuff I wrote on my note taking app, i.e. Google Keep, to kindle, so that when I am using the computer screen to do something else, I can have another screen that show my notes. Of course this can also be done by copy and paste the text into a txt file and send by email, but I wish to know if there is any better way than that. I imagine transferring text from mobile phone to kindle is even more important, as saving a text file using android is more inconvenient than I think.

So I am grateful if anyone can point me to resources that can quickly share text to kindle.
pandaeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:39 AM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Chrome extension SendToKindle by Amazon has a button "Send Selected Text".
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2020, 02:53 AM   #3
pandaeye
pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Chrome extension SendToKindle by Amazon has a button "Send Selected Text".
Thanks a lot. This is exactly what I want. Any android equivalent?
Old 02-20-2020, 02:56 AM   #4
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaeye View Post
Any android equivalent?
Yandex Browser for Android supports Chrome extensions.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 03:08 AM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Send to Kindle app works on PC also you can send what you want within reason. I ends up in DOC File When you don't want it any more Delete from > your content>DOC. From there you can also send to any Kindle Device including Amazon Reading App.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2020, 03:16 AM   #6
pandaeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Yandex Browser for Android supports Chrome extensions.
Yes, but I think I am not getting another browser unless it beats Chrome in functionality as a whole.

Also, in android most of the time such operation is done through sharing so every app can share text and files under the "share" interface. I wish there is a certain app that I can share text to, and it will send the text file through email to amazon.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:49 AM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Save a file and Import to Calibre. Convert to AZW3. Optionally format the file in any WP that can save in DOCX.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 04:19 AM   #8
pandaeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Save a file and Import to Calibre. Convert to AZW3. Optionally format the file in any WP that can save in DOCX.
Thanks but it would be too complicated. I am looking for a simple way to quickly export the notes to another screen so I won't need to switch between screens when I need to use computer and mobile phone to do something else. Something like a quick click and it appears on the other screen is what I want, and I want to do it frequently. Formatting is unnecessary.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:01 AM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Simpler and RELIABLE doesn't really exist.
Certainly "Send to Kindle" is a pain.

A print driver that uses any eBook connected by USB would be nice. I only charge on the laptop. WiFi & Internet isn't always available, apart from cost and privacy.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote