Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-27-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
Blank screen after factory reset

I factory reset my KT due to books not showing up right. It was stuck on the welcome to kobo setup screen so I restarted it. Ever since, it has been on a blank screen. When I connect it to my pc the green light at the top shows but nothing happens. I tried the paperclip at back thing, that makes a blue light flash but the screen doesn't change. I've even tried pressing the home button and sliding the power button simultaneously - Nothing works!
Any insight/suggestions? Please share!
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:21 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you look at http://www.chauveau-central.net/pub/KoboTouch/ for his instructions on doing a factory reset

Quote:
Factory Reset

Hacking a device like the Kobo Touch is always a bit dangerous. It is obviously not going to explode by there is always a risk of making it unusable.

Fortunately, the Touch provides 2 methods to restore the original 1.9.0 firmware:
  1. If the original Nickel software is still working then
    1. Press the Settings icon.
    2. Select the Device Information icon.
    3. Select the FACTORY RESET button.
  2. else simply keep the Home button pressed during the boot process

It should be noted that a factory reset REMOVES ALL EBOOKS from the device. Ebooks bought from Kobo will be automatically reinstalled when the device is re-configured but other ebooks are definitely lost.

Remark: The device can be restarted by inserting a pin in the small hole at the back but that does not seem to restore the factory settings.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #3
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

what is the boot process? when blue light is flashing?
Old 09-28-2011, 12:40 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not sure... sorry... Maybe asking over in this thread might help. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...highlight=boot

Or look for MDK / Sameerh / mdclements on this forum to help out.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:55 AM   #5
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur

Thanks PeterT for your help
After fiddling with button combinations and the back button for varying seconds over many hours, I finally got the kobo to respond (flashing black). I don't know exactly how I did it...but it's all working now!!
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 07:44 AM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Well done!