Notices

Old 03-09-2006, 08:23 PM   #31
bdrake
bdrake began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NX60
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
This is by design. Sunrise uses its own conduit to transfer the files. Hence it places documents in its own, conduit-specific directory.
Yes, I realize that, but that conduit is not working for either of my cards slots, which is why I was suggesting using the default installer as a workaround.

I can do that by dragging the files from the directory for the sunrise xp conduit to the default install directories, but that makes the scheduled updates pretty pointless, since manual interaction is required.

Anyway, it was just a suggestion for a workaround. I didn't know if the sunrise desktop component had a property file or registry entry to set those locations. Of course the real fix is to deterimine why the sunrise xp conduit fails.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:01 AM   #32
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrake
Of course the real fix is to deterimine why the sunrise xp conduit fails.
Exactly. That said, I've already spent countless hours on this and there's a limit to how much I'm able and willing to invest into this.
Advert
Old 03-10-2006, 04:44 AM   #33
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Exclamation Latest beta

Try the latest beta to see if it resolves the issue. It's a long shot, but it's worth a try.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:33 AM   #34
palmtt
palmtt began at the beginning.

On my palmtt, the latest beta produces following warning log:

VFS volume ref: 1
-- WARNING: Could not create /Palm/Programs/Plucker directory on Secure Digital (0x400d)
Old 03-13-2006, 04:03 PM   #35
bdrake
bdrake began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NX60
This is what I'm getting:

Enumerating VFS volumes:
VFS volume ref: 3
Enumerating VFS volumes:
VFS volume ref: 1024
Error retrieving VFS volume info: 0x400b
-- Transferred "Movies" to RAM.
-- Transferred "Weather Radar" to RAM.
-- Transferred "Weather" to RAM.
-- WARNING: Could not create /Palm/Programs/Plucker directory on Memory Stick (0x400d)
-- WARNING: Could not create /Palm/Programs/Plucker directory on CompactFlash (0x400b)
Advert
Old 03-13-2006, 04:35 PM   #36
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrake
This is what I'm getting:
Thanks. That at least gives me a clue as to what's going wrong. The volume ref is supposed to be 3. The 1024 seems way too high a number.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:28 PM   #37
Visigoth
Visigoth began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten T
More feedback

Attempted the latest beta version as of 20Mar.
Here's what I'm getting with the VFS numbers:

Enumerating VFS volumes:
Initializing VFS volume:
-- WARNING: Could not create /Palm/Programs/Plucker directory on Secure Digital (0x400d)
OK Sunrise XP with 1 message(s)

Another note that might or might not help:

With the SunriseXP stub installed on my SD card only, and the 'Output' setting on the .sxl file to send to my SD card, the HotSync doesn't attempt to take place.
When I added the stub to the RAM of my PDA, the HotSync attempted to transfer to the SD card, but gave the log message above.

Does this add to the confusion or help troubleshoot?
Old 03-20-2006, 07:44 PM   #38
Dick Tracy
Detective
Dick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Palm TX
Have any of you tried mounting your flash memory (in whatever format) to your computer with a card reader and creating the missing Plucker directory?
Old 04-12-2006, 01:41 PM   #39
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Exclamation Workaround!

Good news! The new beta 9b release removes the dependency on the HotSync conduit.

The conduit is now an optional component. If you choose not to install the conduit, the standard Install and Install To Card conduits will be used instead.

In terms of functionality, you'll lose ability to update documents during HotSync. You can still use AutoUpdate to have your documents updated "just in time".
Old 05-21-2006, 01:55 AM   #40
Visigoth

Still having SDcard install problems

...still attempting to get Sunrise to work.
I've recently dowloaded/installed most recent version SunriseXP.
I've got the the 'Autoupdate' function to work fine with the .sxl file by itself, but, when I HotSync, I'm still having the same install problems.
Here's the info from the Hotsync Log.

OK Sunrise XP with 1 message(s)

I don't have an SD card reader directly on my pc, otherwise I'd try that method.

Laurens/anyone, have any idea why Sunrise still won't write to my SD card?
Laurens, if you have to time to help troubleshoot, I'll gladly provide as much info as possible with any ?s you might have.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:54 AM   #41
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Uninstall then reinstall without the HotSync conduit.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:42 PM   #42
Visigoth

Got it working with Windows 'Scheduled Tasks'

I have installed Sunrise without the Hotsync conduit and it works well.
I'm now using this software all the time for multiple feeds.
I now just use MS Windows 'Scheduled Tasks' to 'auto-run' the Sunrise file in the background once per day and then I can use my 'WarmSync' software to automatically HotSync once per day just after the Sunrise update.

Thanks for the help Laurens.
Great software!