Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-17-2019, 10:09 AM   #1
NancyKey
NancyKey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle - not recognized by Catalina OS

Hi -
I am new to this group and I have a problem.

With the new Apple OS Catalina 10.15 my Kindle is being seen as Read Only and I can't transfer any books from Calibre. I went to the Calibre help center and they told me to contact Apple or Amazon - probably not going to help me - but I was looking for my own solution first and found this site.

Is anyone else having this problem? What can I do?

Thanks!
NancyKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:25 AM   #2
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyKey View Post
Hi -
I am new to this group and I have a problem.

With the new Apple OS Catalina 10.15 my Kindle is being seen as Read Only and I can't transfer any books from Calibre. I went to the Calibre help center and they told me to contact Apple or Amazon - probably not going to help me - but I was looking for my own solution first and found this site.

Is anyone else having this problem? What can I do?

Thanks!
Are you plugging your cord into the computer or a USB hub? If the latter, try plugging into one of the computer's USB ports. Try different ports if you can. Use a different cable than what you're using.

If those don't work, reset the PRAM and SMC if you know how to do that. I ended up doing both after my Catalina installation with great effect. They're both easy to do.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert