Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-01-2016, 01:40 PM   #1
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
kobo sync

yesterday I bought a kobo book.
the kobo dektop applications says the content is in sync. So I eject the ereader, but cannot find the kobo book bought.
the kobo guide says that i should press bookshevels and then purchased content, but i cannot see purchased content, just the usual books, collections, evernote. current version updated 1.1.00.17210

link
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:16 PM   #2
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Never mind I employed Calibre.., the version with three commas, then I will found a solution

Last edited by trocchietto; 08-01-2016 at 03:25 PM.
Advert
Old 08-01-2016, 03:36 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Don't use Kobo Desktop. You will end up with a kepub which you cannot read on your T2. Just use the Kobo website to get your ePub. If this eBook has DRM, you will need to have ADE for this.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:47 PM   #4
trocchietto
Addict

dear penguin, thanks we did some #su. After all I paid for the book, so is questionable if my favorite format is epub.

the site does not work well at all via sony browser. they have an account dropdown menu, once you log. And is just not accesible via Sony browser to me.

well my t2 is getting old, I am thinking over a droid ereader,

happy readings
Old 08-01-2016, 03:49 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You don't use your T2. You use your brower on your computer (that has ADE installed) to get the book. Then you can move it to Calibre to move it to your T2.
Advert
Old 08-01-2016, 05:09 PM   #6
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I thought the big firmware update at the time the Sony bookstore closed was supposed to enable buying books from the Kobo store directly on the T-series readers? I haven't tried it myself.

I haven't shopped at Kobo, for various reasons, but I do use my PC to buy epub books from other bookstores (such as Google Play) and I use the Sony Reader for PC software to transfer the books from my PC to my PRS-T1.

I don't know if the Sony software is still available for download in Trocchietto's country. The last time I checked the US Sony support website, both software and firmware updates were still available for download.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 06:11 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

It's still easier to buy with the computer and use Calibre to manage the eBooks. This way I can manage the collections and remove any DRM.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:36 PM   #8
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I just use the Sony software because I read a lot of Overdrive library books, which probably doesn't interest the OP since he/she is not in the US. I do buy some books, but I don't mess with DRM removal. I guess the OP can decide which software to try based on his/her priorities.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:35 PM   #9
trocchietto
Addict

well basically I want to read books, the way I hack is only functional to enjoy the reading. I think also DRM removal is not the best thing, even considering that the hour/dollar relationship is usually really convenient and the writer have to be economically rewarded if the price asked is almost accessible to everyone. But in this case I had to do it. I think Sony should have released on GIT the code, to give to the community the possibility to hack it. I am definitely thinking to switch to an eink android. thanks to everyone
Old 08-03-2016, 06:50 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Stripping the DRM is the best thing. It's the on;y way you can future proof your eBooks and have them for as long as you want.