Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-04-2016, 08:58 AM   #1
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
How to get latest versions of Koreader?

Looking at koreader's github, there are a lot of changes, but not that much nightlies. Last is pretty old.

I saw that OTA versions also use just zysnc method (or just didn't found right link?, this is the one I found out: http://vislab.bjmu.edu.cn/apps/koreader/ota/ ), so it looks I'll need to use wifi on my reader, which is something I'd like to avoid.

Is there a way to get kobo version from changes applied to source code, without having linux environment, compiling, etc?

Or can there be a more nightlies, at least one each month?

For example, I just saw that my suggestion about live clock is implemented and I'd like to have that very much.

Last edited by Alan_S; 02-04-2016 at 09:02 AM.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:49 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
There is a major clean-up of the issues list underway. The things merged should appear when the compiles/binaries get made again. For some reason the auto compile, that was adding new builds to the OTA sites, has been off, I guess, as I haven't seen any new builds since "koreader-kobo-v2015.11-40". The OTA sites only list the "koreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2015.11-stable", now. I don't know why the others (~10 of them) stopped appearing.

I was getting those OTA builds by just downloading them using my PC. Because they are compressed files that WinRAR recognizes, they open and I can drag&drop the new koreader folder over the old one in the .adds directory of my device. WinRAR or explorer then lets me do a merge replacing all the old with the new. While the device is connect via USB.

Almost all of the user interface is scripted in LUA, and the changes are available in the "merge" at Github. The files effected and the changes to those files are shown; such as this for the live clock. All you need is a good script editing program like "Notepad++" to make the changes yourself.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 02-04-2016 at 09:51 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2016, 10:04 AM   #3
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just tried to update my reader from stable version (2015-11-3), but it didn't passed. I must say that KSM and it's WiFi implementation works great, tshering has done great job with it.

As I saw from OTA channel there, there's only difference file (.zsync extension), which should install what's different, alleviating downloading whole package.

But it doesn't work with my version, as I received info on all available servers that there's no new versions (stable or development). I guess I'd need to have download latest nightly, then try again.

Or, we will soon have new nightlies? Well, I'll wait.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:23 AM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
If you go to http://vislab.bjmu.edu.cn/apps/koreader/ota/ you should also see .targz files it is that that you would download, selecting the one for your device. (For now though you might as well download from Github, as only the current stable is being offered.) The "tar" in .targz needs to be removed to have a normal .gz compressed file of the whole update. The same for here.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:39 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I also (temporarily) stopped building my weeklies because there have been massive changes (for the better) introduced to the build-system, and there's currently a minor interaction with my specific build environment that I haven't had time to investigate properly .

TL;DR: things should get back to normal soonish™ .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2016, 12:29 AM   #6
Techbar
TechnoGeek
Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Likebook Mars, Boox Kepler Pro, InkBook Obsidian
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I also (temporarily) stopped building my weeklies <snip>
TL;DR: things should get back to normal soonish™ .
Oh, Please, yes let that be so - none of the existing builds work sucessfully on my InkBOOK Obsidian (Android 4.2.2) and I'd really like to give KOReader another go.

James
Techbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:05 AM   #7
Alan_S
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
If you go to http://vislab.bjmu.edu.cn/apps/koreader/ota/ you should also see .targz files
Now I see it, I didn't saw it yesterday.

But, I think I'll wait a bit to see all this changes implemented and then download current version.