Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-21-2016, 03:26 AM   #1
Geordie Biker
Geordie Biker began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
How to Initiate Plugins - Cailbre Companion

Hello All

I just bought a Kobo Aura H2O. I have installed KSM version 8 and KOreader - the latest nightly build. Everything seems to be working correctly.

I have searched on this forum and read many posts and searched with google but I cant find anywhere that explains how to run the plugins. I am particularly interested in Calibre Companion. I cannot find it in any menu of KOReader. Any help in how to run this addon would be much appreciated.
Geordie Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:32 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Biker View Post
Hello All

I just bought a Kobo Aura H2O. I have installed KSM version 8 and KOreader - the latest nightly build. Everything seems to be working correctly.

I have searched on this forum and read many posts and searched with google but I cant find anywhere that explains how to run the plugins. I am particularly interested in Calibre Companion. I cannot find it in any menu of KOReader. Any help in how to run this addon would be much appreciated.
Try the WiKi first. The basic sequence is:

1. Start calibre on your PC.

2. Use the "Connect/share" icon to "Start wireless device connection"
( You should then have a message box "Smart device control", take note of the "Calibre IP addresses" displayed)

3. On your device; while in a book, open the menus and poke the Gear icon at the top, then "Network">"Wifi connection", (You should get a message box asking if you want to turn Wifi on, poke the OK. In a little bit the message box will disappear) then poke the up symbol at the bottom left, to return. (If you poke "Network" again, you should see a checkmark in front of "Wifi connection".)

4. Now select the crossed Screwdriver & Wrench icon then "Calibre wireless connection" finally select "Connect".

If all went as expected, there should now be "Connected Wireless Device: Koreader" on the bottom left of the Calibre page. There will also be a "Device" icon (looks like a Kobo) in the top of calibre. There are some interesting settings available.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 01-22-2016 at 09:42 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert