View Poll Results: Zite or Flipboard
Flipboard 7 43.75%
Zite 8 50.00%
None 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Zite or Flipboard

Just discovered Zite yesterday, really nice app.

Which one you like the most, Zite or Flipboard? I will give you my answer after a few votes.

jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
to misquote Bill Murray on SNL-"I have not used Zite. I have used Flipboard. So, based on what I've used, I voted for Flipboard"
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
Musashi
Zealot
Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4th Generation. Kindle Paperwhite.
I'm using Zite now. It's a great app, I liked it.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #4
monkeygirl351
Connoisseur
monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipod touch, ipad, and kindle 3
I voted for zite. I have both, but Zite seems to have a lot more interesting stuff. I don't use twitter, and don't really use rss feeds and that is what flipboard seems to cater. Zite though is awesome after using it for awhile. I get lots of ipad and kindle news not to mention everything else I'm interested in
monkeygirl351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
BobLenx
Connoisseur
BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony505 K2 K3
Use both, prefer Zite.
BobLenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Just started using Zite today. Seems pretty good. Flipboard is shinier, though. I'll probably end using both. Me news junkie.

Last edited by stonetools; 09-05-2011 at 11:22 AM.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #7
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I love Flipboard, it is a bit limited (mostly works for images, text feeds are readable but I prefer Reeder for this) but I just love how it looks, and it's a great way to browse my contacts feed at Flickr, plus a couple of other feeds, mostly the New Yorker.

Hadn't heard of Zite before, will give it a try tonight if it's free.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #8
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
OK, first impression after a quick look at Zite (well, not so quick since I took the time to read a long article on Jane Austen that it presented to me based on my Google Reader subscriptions): I think there might be an option missing from this poll: both!

As implied in my first message, I have already ruled out Flipboard as a general news reader, although I love using it to browse images and especially Flickr. Zite is great too but does very different things in my opinion. I'll have to see how it does in the longer term, but so far I like it, and it looks like a nice complement to Flipboard. And maybe a replacement for Reeder...
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #9
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Florence,

Thanks for trying.

Zite is not new, but like you, I was not aware of it until a few days ago when I saw on the news that CNN bought it I think.

Here is my opinion: in terms of the article layout (fonts) and even menu options, I prefer Zite. I noticed it becomes smarter and better after reading a few articles so as a programmer, really like whatever algorithms is using behind scenes, it was well written.

The thing I like most from Flipboard are the animations. Flipboard is also more Magazine oriented, so that makes a big difference.

I am not a big fan of social networks integration with my books or reading stuff, so I have no positive or negative comments about it.

It is nice that both are free though, so far. And I got the feeling the competition will results on improvements on both sides.

So far, I've found myself using Zite much more, at least since I discovered it.

Last edited by jocampo; 09-05-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #10
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Just discovered Zite yesterday, really nice app.

Which one you like the most, Zite or Flipboard? I will give you my answer after a few votes.

I see these as being quite different products. You chose your content source on Flipboard. You chose your content type on Zite. If I know I want to read whatever a site puts out, I use Flipboard. If I want to read in a general subject matter area, like local sports, I use Zite. Flipboard is like a magazine; Zite is like a newspaper.

Flipboard takes better advantage of the iPad's possibilities, though.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #11
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon View Post
I see these as being quite different products. You chose your content source on Flipboard. You chose your content type on Zite. If I know I want to read whatever a site puts out, I use Flipboard. If I want to read in a general subject matter area, like local sports, I use Zite. Flipboard is like a magazine; Zite is like a newspaper.

Flipboard takes better advantage of the iPad's possibilities, though.
So, I guess your answer is you like both equal, right? lol ...
Old 09-07-2011, 12:46 AM   #12
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
So, I guess your answer is you like both equal, right? lol ...
Well, it's more like I use the right tool for the right job.

Within that context, though, I think Flipboard is a better fit with what the iPad has to offer.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flipboard, ipad, magazines, zite