Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
jakedubbleya
jakedubbleya began at the beginning.

Device: none
I know what I want but I cant find it!

Hey guys, happy to find this site, finding an ebook reader is not simple at all and any help would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED (I've been looking into ebook readers for years, and couldn't find one worth my money)!

Let me get to it, I'll categorize what I want in my reader in to two categories.

Required features:

1. Needs to use that digital ink stuff, no LED's
2. The ability to read open source and free book formats from places like gutenberg.org as well as a good format for pay-per book's (heh, pun).
3. Enough memory to store all the books I could ever collect, so either >4 GB built in or an expandable slot
4. Rechargeable battery
5. At least the size of a paperback, I will be reading hour after hour on this thing
6. The software for navigating books needs to be good, I don't know what good is but I don't want to be clunking around to find pages etc.

Optional but awesome:

1. Reads Italian
2. Click on a word, gives definition
3. That definition also has the roots of that word
4. Reads PDF's

Thanks guys!

Oh, not important are:

1. Wireless/bluetooth/internet doohickies
2. Ergonomics

Old 04-07-2009, 03:51 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Triplicate post. Please continue here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44397

Last edited by pilotbob; 04-07-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Advert
Closed Thread