Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
All of mine have come in a single box. That includes K2, KDXG, three K3s, K4, Touch, and three PW1s.
Does this shipping method only apply to eink Kindles? The last Kindle I ordered was a Fire HD 8.9 in Dec 2012. It came in a retail box packed inside a cardboard shipping box with padding.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-01-2013 at 04:11 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #17
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Does this shipping method only apply to eink Kindles? The last Kindle I ordered was a Fire HD 8.9 in Dec 2012. It came in a retail box packed inside a cardboard shipping box with padding.
I don't remember how my Fire came boxed, TBH. But Kindle eInks generally come in a single box unless you request it to be sent as a gift.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #18
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The boxes for the eInk Kindles (not sure how the Fire's are shipped) are designed so that no other packaging is necessary to protect things. Amazon has been shipping them this way for years (since 2009) so if there was a big damage problem they'd have changed how they're shipped by now. As for the shipping labels stuck to the box, can't say I've ever felt a need to remove them.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #19
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
My fire HD 8.9 also shipped in a single box earlier this year.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #20
OddCosine
Connoisseur
OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
This time they combined my Paperwhite shipment with a Subscribe and Save shipment, so mine will come in a box of food. Out for delivery now...
OddCosine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #21
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I would never ship electronics that way but it seems to be working for Amazon and they certainly ship more than I do so....

As to label remover, acetone? Seriously? *shudders* That'll do more damage than any label would. Use GooGone.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #22
allowingtoo
Bibliophile
allowingtoo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I would never ship electronics that way but it seems to be working for Amazon and they certainly ship more than I do so....

As to label remover, acetone? Seriously? *shudders* That'll do more damage than any label would. Use GooGone.
Amazon shipped me a Marked Fragile computer board for my refrigerator in a huge box. The part was thrown in the bottom of the box with no padding, the top had a wad of paper on top of it. Needless to say it arrived damaged. The next one was properly packed.

Acetone worked. What can I say? I'm the poster child for this process since I've already done it. No stain, no water marks etc. I would recommend using the hairdryer FIRST though on the label!!

I've tried GooGone before and hated it. Left a big mess.

Last edited by allowingtoo; 10-01-2013 at 06:23 PM.
allowingtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #23
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
All of my Kindles (Fire included) have just come in the single box that is even labeled "Kindle, please steal me". I have not had any problems.

As far as removing the shipping label....I removed my kindle and cord and the box immediately found itself in the recycling bin.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #24
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
Amazon shipped me a Marked Fragile computer board for my refrigerator in a huge box. The part was thrown in the bottom of the box with no padding, the top had a wad of paper on top of it. Needless to say it arrived damaged. The next one was properly packed.

Acetone worked. What can I say? I'm the poster child for this process since I've already done it. No stain, no water marks etc. I would recommend using the hairdryer FIRST though on the label!!

I've tried GooGone before and hated it. Left a big mess.
I sell online and have removed thousands of labels from books and craft patterns with GooGone. Never had a problem. To each their own but acetone is not something I'd recommend. Ever.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #25
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I...

ah...

what?

pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #26
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
All of my Kindles (Fire included) have just come in the single box that is even labeled "Kindle, please steal me". I have not had any problems.
Yes, "please steal me" is what I think of a fancy box that doesn't come in a shipping box, since I live in an apartment building, no doorman, and UPS leaves nearly all packages in the foyer. Luckily I don't think thieves are all that interested in Kindles. Luckily #2 Apple ships their products in very plain boxes.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #27
jeffyen
Connoisseur
jeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle PW2
I think Amazon will ship with an outer box if 2 Kindles are ordered. They have a size A1 box that fits 2 Kindles boxes perfectly.

No problems even if there's no outer box though. It's pretty tough.
jeffyen is offline   Reply With Quote