Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-01-2016, 08:43 AM   #1
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Some V5.1.0 statistics

Enough time has passed since the V5.1.0 production release to have some statistics with enough underlying data to be meaningful.

The following statistics are based on "sessions", not "users", so people who use CC more frequently are counted more often.

List vs Grid View
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	147514

Reading Books

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	147515

Looking at Book Details

Name:	Clipboard03.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	147516

Grouping

Name:	Clipboard04.jpg
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	147517

Sorting

Name:	Clipboard05.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	147518

Connection Type

Name:	Clipboard06.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	147519

Cloud Provider Usage

Name:	Clipboard07.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	147520

Library Size (CC full version only)

Name:	Clipboard08.jpg
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	147522

"Find Random Book" was used in 5% of the sessions, which is substantially more than I would have expected.

Last edited by chaley; 04-01-2016 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Add "Find random book"
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:13 AM   #2
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I never realized a long press opened a book until an accidental long press so I wonder how many of the CC Users out there don't realize they can do that!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2016, 11:28 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Neat stats

Is Library size just those ON the CC device?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:41 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I never realized a long press opened a book until an accidental long press so I wonder how many of the CC Users out there don't realize they can do that!
That is the perennial problem -- how to tell users what CC can do in a way that doesn't make them annoyed. For newer stuff I have been adding the "help" dialog with the "Don't show this again" box. Perhaps I should start adding them for the older features.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Neat stats

Is Library size just those ON the CC device?
Yes. CC doesn't record the size of the calibre library, even though in some cases it could know it. The information is of no use to me, so why keep it? Also, the entries in CC can come from multiple libraries.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:41 PM   #5
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Me neither, until right now! Sweet...!
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2016, 08:06 PM   #6
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
You can even change the long press to a short one in the preferences.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:09 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Just curious, I use a combine search author, then series, then title how does this reflect in your stats. Would this be considered by author?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:22 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Just curious, I use a combine search author, then series, then title how does this reflect in your stats. Would this be considered by author?
I assume that you are describing one of the "user-defined" sorts, and that is how it is recorded in the stats. I don't record what is in the sort. User defined sort #1 is 10th in the list, behind is read and ahead of date published.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:39 AM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Another interesting set of numbers: devices used expressed as a percentage of sessions:
Code:
Samsung		46.0% (The Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 by itself is 4%)
Google		10.0% (The Nexus 7 is 6%)
Amazon		 8.5% (The Fire tablet is 3%)
(not set)	 4.3%
Asus		 3.7%
Motorola	 3.2%
LG		 3.1%
Sony		 2.8%
Barnes & Noble	 2.5%
Lenovo		 2.4%