Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
encapuchado
Banned
encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Sony Touch (650)
Another help with regular expressions

Well, following Starsons advice in another thread [use regexp to get info from the file name], I'm close to get the authors listed by <last-name, first-name>.

I found that the default regexp, found in the "Preferences ->Adding Books" menu is almost what I need.

Code:
(?P<title>.+) - (?P<author>[^_]+)
Thus, for a file named "SuchandSuch - Azimov_Isaac.epub" I got title="SuchandSuch", author="Asimov Isaac".

However, I would like to get author="Asimov, Isaac". Now, AFAIK regexps are for pattern matching, not for string processing. So, my question is if there is a way to get that extra comma between the last name and the first name.
encapuchado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by encapuchado View Post
Well, following Starsons advice in another thread [use regexp to get info from the file name], I'm close to get the authors listed by <last-name, first-name>.

I found that the default regexp, found in the "Preferences ->Adding Books" menu is almost what I need.

Code:
(?P<title>.+) - (?P<author>[^_]+)
Thus, for a file named "SuchandSuch - Azimov_Isaac.epub" I got title="SuchandSuch", author="Asimov Isaac".

However, I would like to get author="Asimov, Isaac". Now, AFAIK regexps are for pattern matching, not for string processing. So, my question is if there is a way to get that extra comma between the last name and the first name.
There is a tick box for that (swap Author Firstname with Lastname)
in the Adding books preference
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@theducks - that won't directly do what they want. They don't want to swap first and last name, they just want a comma inserted. So "Asimov Isaac" becomes "Asimov, Isaac".

Other than changing it manually or using search/replace, your other option is to do a metadata download with the authors box checked. This should overwrite the author in the format you prefer.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
encapuchado
Banned
encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@theducks - that won't directly do what they want. They don't want to swap first and last name, they just want a comma inserted. So "Asimov Isaac" becomes "Asimov, Isaac".
Yes, that is exactly what I want. I was hoping there was some kind of replace function added to the basic regexp processing.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:08 PM   #5
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
No there isn't (in the adding process - you can do it post process but that would be messy). If you want such functionality, the best way would be to use a bulk renaming tool outside of Calibre to insert the comma.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
encapuchado
Banned

Finally, following the advices given by the fine patrons of this sub-forum, I got what I wanted, see the authors listed as <LN, FN> and sorted by LN.

In case somebody else wants to do the same, this was my procedure:

1. Using the free Bulk Rename Utility (just google it), I renamed the file to "title - lastname, firstname.epub"
2. Open Calibre.
3. In menu "Preferences->Tweak->Author sort name algorithm" I put author_sort_copy_method = 'copy'
4. In menu "Preferences->Adding books" I unchecked all three options and I left the default regular expression alone.
5. Close and open Calibre.
6. Add the books to Calibre library and voila!

Thanks to all
Old 06-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #7
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by encapuchado View Post
Finally, following the advices given by the fine patrons of this sub-forum, I got what I wanted,
Great!
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote