Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 05:20 AM   #1
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Book Viewer Toolbar Icon Size

Calibre's E-book Viewer has had such useful mods recently that it is now my primary viewer. In calibre's main settings under Look and Feel there is an option to set the icon size on the toolbar but this does not seem to carry through to E-book Viewer, so is there anywhere in the viewer to change this setting? There is an icon which matches the Look and Feel icon but this switches on reference mode.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:51 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there's no way to set that. Why do you want to change it?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2012, 06:27 AM   #3
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Purely cosmetic. I'd like to use small icons as I do in the library.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
Chris Jones
Addict
Chris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five words

Device: none
Me too...

I'd like to change the icon size in ebook-viewer as well.. And the reason is not only cosmetic but because since I have made the ebook-viewer window default to precisely the size of my 6" e-reader, I did not at first realize that some icons were hidden off-screen and only accessible if I clicked a rather unobtrusive ">>" sign at the far-right of my toolbar. And now even though I have found how I can access those icons -- including the all-important "Preferences" dialog, it's rather frustrating to go through all the clicking when you think that with smaller icons, everything would be visible and readily accessible.

I haven't tried, but I guess I could just work around this by resizing the icons using the Gimp or other and that would do the trick as long as I stick them in the right place.. and then probably have them blown away every time I upgrade..?

Isn't there a more user-friendly solution..?

More generally, is there a "theme-ing" solution of sorts that would make it possible to replace all the calibre icons by something else.. In my case more android-like, such as is the current fashion in gnome-gtk applications..?
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I don't know if the viewer uses the same icon rules?
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cust...ates-et-cetera

I have a smaller dimension set used in the Tag browser installed there
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
Chris Jones
Addict
Chris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five words

Device: none
Thanks.. I resized all the standard icons to 50% of their original size... copying the output to ~/.config/calibre/resources/images... I bounced calibre but this didn't make any difference either on the calibre main toolbar or the viewer's. Apparently the code does load the custom icons but it just scales them up to the same display size as the standard ones.

No big deal..
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:32 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post
I'd like to change the icon size in ebook-viewer as well.. And the reason is not only cosmetic but because since I have made the ebook-viewer window default to precisely the size of my 6" e-reader, I did not at first realize that some icons were hidden off-screen and only accessible if I clicked a rather unobtrusive ">>" sign at the far-right of my toolbar.
...~~~...
Isn't there a more user-friendly solution..?
Until you mentioned the icons going off of the screen I wouldn't have thought it possible when mimicking a 6 inch reader. Then I realized you must have your icons across the top. If you drag the icon bar to the left side of the book you won't run into icons disappearing from the viewer. Or if you drag the icons below or above the search bar it may or may not work for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	viewer-1.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	115309   Click image for larger version

Name:	viewer-2.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	115310  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 11-17-2013 at 01:35 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote