Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
rcdc
rcdc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
sort by successful metadata lookup

I have a lot of books with mangled metadata which causes a failed lookup. Unfortunately they are now scattered throughout my library, is there a way to sort my library by metadata lookup success/failures?
rcdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:37 PM   #2
CuriousGrrl
Kindle lover/Linux user
CuriousGrrl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
Have you tried adding ISBN as a custom column? You could consider the presence of an ISBN to signify a successful metadata lookup. Create with column type: "column built from other columns", and "{isbn}" (minus the quotes) in the "template" field.
CuriousGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2011, 11:06 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
You could try any one of these three as a guage comments:false, rating:false or isbn:false in the search bar. All books without comments, ratings or isbn would show up.

Or do all three at once.

rating:false and comments:false and isbn:false

This would probably show books for which you haven't even tried to get metadata.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-21-2011 at 11:11 PM.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:22 AM   #4
meads
meads began at the beginning.

Device: none
If you had cover pictures as part of your metadata you could try:

not cover:true

in the search bar. This will show all the books without covers.
meads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
rcdc
rcdc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
thanks everyone, this is exactly what I needed.
rcdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert